Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Neighborhood Garage Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stingbean, Apr 12, 2015.

1. stingbean

stingbean

My kids and I were working on our swing-set this afternoon when I heard the sounds of a ramp truck at work at the little old lady's house behind me. Remembering that her late husband had mentioned that they had a 50's Chevy when I explained my old car hobby as the reasoning for my giant (for our neighborhood) garage a few years back, we headed across the back yard to investigate. Sure enough, they were winching out a 55 Belair under the watchful eye of the new owners and the widow. I asked her if she had listed it for sale in the paper (knowing that she was not the Craigslist or eBay type), and she said that an HVAC repair man doing some work for her recently had spotted it in her basement and tried to buy it and offered too little. He then introduced her to someone who made the right offer. The widow and her husband originally purchased it used with 12,000 miles on it in 1958, and aside from some faded-through paint on the hood and fender tops as well as a little damage to the front driver-side fender, it looked pretty nice. The license plate was at least 15 years old, and she was pretty dusty.
    They are still out there to be discovered!
    Garage Find.jpg

2. elba

elba

Nice and I am jealous !

3. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Wow, very nice. Sometimes the HVAC, Pest, heating oil, cable guy and meter reader are on retainer to report their finds.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

One of the better ones (Garage find) looking at it!

5. I believe I'd name her "Pristine". :)

millersgarage likes this.
  6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I'm surprised, knowing he had an old car, you didn't investigate sooner.

How come they never mentioned these kinds of fringe benefits during career choice day in school?

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I just found out that my neighbor has a 57 chevy 4door wagon that he cut down and made into a 2door in the mid 70s. Uglier than sin but just a few hundred yards from my front door.

8. nice score...for the other guy

Attached Files:

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

If that's original paint, I wouldn't even fix the bumps & bruises on that one. Just wash & wear. Great find.