Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need your opinion, rpu top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod56cars, Jan 4, 2010.

1. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

I'm making the frame for my deuce's convertible top. I've decided to make it a operational convertible soft top. I'm stuck on a small part of the design. I haven't been able to decide if I want it to have a built in windshield visor or not. I already know my photoshop skills suck, but which top should I go with. Pic A is basicaly a stock style top. Pic B is with the visor. Let me know which version you prefer and feel free to revise what I got to what you prefer (if you have the photoshop skills). Thanks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

I vote A .nice truck by the way and some lakestyle headers would add alot to the look you are going for

3. swissmike

swissmike

The top is too skinny from the side. The middle bow should point forward slightly. The sides should follow that and then go into a fairly large radius and taper into the horizontal part of the side.
    A or B does not make such a big difference IMO, but I'd loose the headers for something that goes with the overall style of the truck. Very nice truck BTW...

4. Make it just like mine---If you care to search thru about 2000 threads I have posted on here, I did a complete article on building my top, about 4 years ago.

Attached Files:

5. Rex at Lowbrau Lines

Rex at Lowbrau Lines
    from Mesa, AZ

I like the visor version, B. It is your truck. Do what you want with the headers. If you like em, stick with 'em.

6. jaxx

jaxx

Here try this on

7. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Thanks for the responses so far, please keep them coming.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck. :)

The headers will be changed as cash allows. It's all about priorities and I'd rather have a top first than to change the headers first.

brianangus... I saw your truck in your avitar and I think I read a thread where you mentioned you making the top, but after searching 21 pages of threads I never found a thread started by you about making the top. I found a few other threads about the specific subject but not specificaly your top. I probably just did not use the correct search words.

8. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

You didn't mention it as an option but i'd run it without a top. Looks sweet as it is now.... But if you're set on it i'd go with option B.

~JoJo~

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I like the brianangus top about as well as any I have seen. If anything, I might make it just a tad shorter than his at the peak, but the same dimensions otherwise. Looks like a winner to me. Nice truck!

10. crashgravis

crashgravis

B , but it looks better with no top at all .

11. Beano

Beano
    from Pa.

I like .........B .

12. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

I'm leaning towards a top with a built in windshield visor and it appears most hot rod guys are leaning that way as well.

The convertible top that I am designing will be completely removeable with no visible signs of it ever being on the truck after the top is taken off. Hopefully I have the skills to pull it off.

I don't see a convertible top, hell I don't even see a car. :D Nice work on that truck!

[​IMG]

Seriously though, my original idea when I decided to started the build on this truck I wanted a cabriolet (with roll up side windows in the doors) with a removeable hardtop that I could haul around in the bed if I wanted to. I sold the truck prior to finishing it and the roof and the back cab wall are now unavailable (I bought the truck back). Sooner or later I plan on shortening the bed a little bit in the back and after that's done a removeable hardtop wouldn't fit in the bed anymore anyway.

Attached Files:

13. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

In photoshop I copied brianangus' convertible top and pasted it onto my truck, I changed the dimensions slightly to fit my truck, added a small windshield visor, painted it black, and called it C. I'm liking this one the most.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: