Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Your Advice Fixing-spd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Winged Avenger II, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I've got nerve damage and a steel plate with 7 screws in my arm and it doesn't allow me to do fine motor dexterity things-like using hands and finger tips for small pieces. Here's the problem, the 3-spd manual shifter on my '41 Pontiac has seperated from the steering column. 2 bolts just popped out and I found a locking washer and tiny spring(like tension spring) on the floormat. What I need to know is, am I going to be able to fix it with my bum arms and in particular hands, or should I look to have some one do it. How big of a job are we talking? I've got the original shop manual. The screws won't tighten into anything, so it needs to come apart. Thanx. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

These are little bitty parts going into tight places. You know your limits better than I do, but a good bit of manual dexterity will be required.