Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Wheel Suggestions for my 51

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GTSDave, Dec 19, 2010.

1. GTSDave

GTSDave

Looks like I will have to change out my wheels. I broke a caliper bracket headed out to the LosCochino's party. Managed to get the car home and decided to change out to some better calipers, and better brackets.

Spent most of the day yesterday setting up one of the new calipers, and was mocking it up this morning. The new calipers are hitting my wheels. I tried to clearance it a little, but it is going to take too much to get it to clear.

Now I am going to have to change wheels. Right now it has 15x7 5 on 4.5 with a back space of 4". The wheels are the old turbine fins (like the General Lee) with studs tapped for the Moons. They are uni-lug and a PIA anyway so it is time for them to go. Tired of the darn things wanting to loosen up every 100 or so miles.

I may have to go with 16" wheels on the front. I don't like most of the new style wheels out there now days, but need a wheel that will work with my brakes and not look too bad on my car.

What do you think would look good and give me a little extra clearance.

Keep in mind I may drag race this one every once in a while. I am running a Tunnel rammed BB Mopar with LOTS of HP.

-Dave

[​IMG]

2. check out earlywheel.com

what i think would look cool,
    black steel wheels, with spider caps and narrow white wall radials
    that always looks good.

3. GTSDave

GTSDave

Thanks,

Was thinking maybe gloss black with spider caps. It has a red interior, but the whole red wheel thing is just doesn't do it for me.

-Dave

4. GTSDave

GTSDave

53vicky,

I ordered a set of 16" wheels with spider caps from Jason yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the link. I will update with pics once I decide what color to paint them. Should be here in early Jan.

-Dave

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Excellent! Its going to look cool!!