Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Need vin!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Man of fords!, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Man of fords!

Man of fords!

I have a '65 ford f100 and i can't find the vin number. Anybody have any idea where it might find it?

2. Can't say for sure but most Fords that era have a tag on the left side door.

3. skidsteer

skidsteer

I don't know how much these changed over the years, but I had a '55 F-100, and the VIN was stamped on the top of the framerail, just in front of the cab mount, (on the passenger side, I think). It was under a lot of crud, good luck.

4. My '59 has it stamped on top of the right frame rail (#matches tag on glovebox door), just ahead of the firewall. Don't know about later years.

5. 61TBird

61TBird

I copied this from the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site...

There are a few places to find it actually. One being on the edge of the drivers side door opening. The other is on the passenger frame rail between the front axle and the firewall. It will be stamped and over time dirt and paint fill in the stamping so you can't see it that well.

6. Man of fords!

Man of fords!

7. skidsteer

skidsteer

Man of Fords!,
    let us know if you find it, and if so, how much crud did you have to scrape off.

8. Man of fords!

Man of fords!

Alright i'll do that.