Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need to vent!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roll_low, Jul 21, 2010.

1. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

I just need to get a little frustration off my chest. Soooooooooooooooo about 2 weeks ago I ordered a brake overhaul kit for my recently aquired 1950 Chevy pickup. I was told that the shipping would be around 2 days time to any of the western states. GREAT! That would mean that I would have the kit by mid-week, have the truck on the road and licenced/insured for the weekend car show/cruise on Saturday. Well after 3 days and no kit, I decided to call. I was then informed that the kit was on back order until the 20th(over a week away). Needless to say I was a little pissed and told them to cancel my order. I then went to the next company that I could find and placed a call to them. He told me that he would get the order processed that day(Thursday), and send me a confirmation email. Well after two buisness days and no email, I decided to call(Monday of the following week at this time) I was then informed that the package shipped out on Friday of the previous week and I could expect it to be on my doorstep by Tuesday. GREAT! Well, Tuesday has now came and gone and still no package. So I called again this morning to see what the deal was and he said that the package REALLY didnt ship until Monday and wont be here until SATURDAY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad: So now my truck gets to sit on jackstands for another week waiting to be driven. I know this is how projects go but DAMN, it sure is annoying!!!!

2. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I'm gonna assume this is your first venture into the wonderful world of mail order hot rodding? You need to start at least three different projects so that when one box doesn't show up you can just work on the other one - that the parts finally arrived for! Or, uh, buy a new Honda.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. John Denich

John Denich

Take it easy....its a hobby not life or death...its supposed to be fun!

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I need to start selling parts, you don't even need to have them in stock to sell them.:rolleyes:

5. Big Tony

Big Tony

I know the need to vent sometimes and it is frustrating, Good luck on getting the parts soon and have them on and running soon

6. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

I have ordered tons of stuff from mail order parts suppliers. I also have been on the other end of things(shipped plenty of parts). I fully understand that stuff takes time, have learned to wait. I just get tired of people not following through with thier word, thats all. Not super mad, just more of a sarcastic rant:D And it will be a cold day in hell when I drive a "new" honda!! haha.

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

I once saw a poor man with no shoes, and felt bad for him, then I saw a poor man with no feet.

Quit bitchin.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Did you take the second guy's shoes and give them to the first. I mean, it's not like he is going to need them.

9. I have to agree,,

I've been doing this a long time had have spent a lot of time checking the mail box for parts that were going to ship the next day,,,sometimes
    i am surprised when the parts actually arrive when promised but more often than not there is a delay,,,weekends,,monday holidays and holidays in general.tHRP

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Everything happens for a reason, maybe this car show is next to a volcano thats gonna pop at 11 am Sunday, go with the flow, it's not worth having a grabber over.

11. I guess living in HI you get used to the wait... if the parts arent here, you grab a beer and cut the grass.... nothing you can do...

I'll admit that Chevsofthe40s.com has been good to me with quick shipping and delivery of parts.

I just need to get off my lazy ass and do it all.:D

12. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

So, it's not an act? You really are a twisted F***! Ha!

13. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

One of the nicest things about doing business with Speedy Bill is that (1) if it's in stock, and (2) you order before 3:00 PM (CST) it ships the same day! And the website is tied into their inventory management system so you always know if it's in stock. Parts I order from Speedway are all shipped UPS-Ground, but it never takes more than 3 days before the stuff is on my doorstep. Give 'em a try -- you'll like 'em. And did I mention that quality is good on items and prices are very competitive.

14. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Alright, Alright, Im chill!!! Plenty of other stuff to do on the truck! Advice taken!

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have to act like I'm not.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is almost always "that" part that we need to right then that is delayed. The part we found the great deal on and don't really need for three months shows up in two working days most of the time.
    I think that there are more than a few vendors, especially the rod parts vendors who are doing the drop ship thing and don't have an inventory to ship from. Not that it is wrong but that adds one element of loss of control in the process and they have to rely on someone else's time schedule to get the item out.

17. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Boo frickin hoo.
    Get over it and get used to it.

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I feel for you............today we are dealing mostly with morons and idiots, who don't know shit from Shinola, and have no customer skills at all.
    No excuse for your situation...
    I recently ordered a package from PA to be shipped UPS. I frequently order from this company, and it always gets here in three days.
    Five days later I track it on the computer and find it was "Tendered to the Local Post Office" two days earlier.
    I call the post office to ask what is going on here, and they say, Oh Yah, we do that a lot for UPS.
    The post office is three blocks from my house.....
    Like I said, morons and idiots.....

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

It took me 3 years to finsih and drive my first project. Now I always have 2 or more cars so if I need to fix one, I can drive the other. Or if I start a new project, I still have something to cruise in.

20. cuomo73

cuomo73

Since we are venting, I took my car to supposedly a legend and innovator of this hobby for a chop on my car. A year and a lot of cash later, my car was still not done. Had to just suck it up and take my car back. Well I finally had the car sandblasted to see the work underneath. What a hack! Instead of going all over the world to host metal work seminars, you need to teach your own shop that bears your name to do proper work. If i knew how to post pics to this link I would let you all see. I've lost all respect for this supposed legend of the hobby, and have to go redo all the work that has been done before.

21. firingorder1

firingorder1

The three key words. Mail Order Hotrodding.

22. Firepig

Firepig

I once had no shoes, and felt sorry for myself. Then I saw a poor man with no feet and asked him if he had any shoes he wasn't using. :D

23. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Did you get the tracking number?

NOTHING has been shipped until you have the tracking number and can verify it has actually left his place.

If you dont have one, call back and get it.

24. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Yah I got one from him this morning.

Now THATS funny!

25. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Sometimes you just have to get on the phone and find a part locally, especially if you're in a hurry...NAPA Auto parts is pretty good at getting (same day or next) a lot of mechanical parts for your truck.

Heck, 3 or 4 years ago, even Kragen Auto Parts had wheel cylinders in stock for my '59 Chevy PU.

26. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer

Whats with all the 'just chill'? I don't see this as a rant against parts delays. It is a rant against people not holding up their end of the bargain.

ie: "It WILL ship on friday". Only to have to call and be told, "uh, nope, I shipped it Monday".

ie: "It will be on your door in two days". Only to be told later when you call back, that "oh sorry, its on backorder".

Chill has nothing to do with it. Mediocre service and vendors saying one thing rather than being up front.
    If you say you will ship friday, do it friday. Why does the customer have to do followup days later when they are left wondering where the package is that was supposed to be here already? If you don't intend to ship on friday, then say it'll be shipping next week cause the fed ex guy picks up mornings only...
    If you say you will be able to have it on my door in two days, I expect that, I shouldn't, again, have to do my own followup only to find out the parts are on backorder. How is it you did not know this when I placed my order? is it that hard to say, "Hey, we have none on hand to ship right now" or "We show only two in the system BUT just to warn you, if somebody else is already processing an order it may be delayed due to stocking problems, call me back in a week if you want". None of this deception as if you have everything right there and ready to roll.

Alex.

27. brad chevy

brad chevy

I agree with the local parts house ,went into discount auto parts and they had the brakes shoes,wheel cylinders and replacment spring kits in stock for my 55 Ford,and were reasonable and guy told me if he hadn"t had them in stock he could get them in one day.Mail-order sucks and you don"t know if you get what you ordered until you open the package.

28. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

A year to chop a top, i think i would have picked it up after a month.. WHY DID YOU PAY FOR IT BEFORE IT WAS COMPLETED

29. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

I bought some vintage Torq thrusts a week ago Sunday nite. Sniped the bid at last minute. It was late 11.45pm. So I paid the following morning by10 am. Vendor had all ready sent me two messages want to know where my payment was?:confused: Said he would ship next morning. I was in no hurry. I asked him Wednesday how they were shipped to see if I needed to sign for them. He answered Thursday and told me they were to be delivered Monday but still no tracking number. They showed up Monday and when I checked tracking number he never shipped till Thursday after I asked about it. We are in same state, should have been here by Thursday if shipped when he said he would. This kind of shit happens a lot with mail order. I usually pay the big money and get it local if I am in a hurry. My wheels are nice and I was not in a hurry but He was to get his money.

30. cuomo73

cuomo73

Because he was Gene Winfield