Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects need to see some in progress custom body work!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, Mar 8, 2015.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I am in a slump. My shop is full of customer projects . The problem is that there all what I would call restomods. Killer drive trains and chassis work but stock body . And a side from a 71 challenger which will get a custom color paint job, the other are all going to be stock colors. But I am a customizer . In the immortal words of a wise man {ass?} anyone can restore a car but I takes a real man to cut one up!!!! I love looking at an studying bare metal custom projects, I have been at this for over 40 years but still gain inspiration and idea's from others . So show us what your cutting up . Links to your build threads or create one on this thread. and for those of you that don't have anything good to say about someone's ideas . Go to a different site!!!!!! Larry

2. 1pickup

1pickup

Larry, you need to get some pics of that Merc in your album so I can actually SEE it, instead of hearing about it. Of course, I don't think I've ever driven mine the 15 miles to Portage either...

3. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

1pickup The merc has been stranded on my chassis table for years . when I have time there is no money and when I have money there is no time . I can't believe we are only 15 miles apart and I have never met you???? And if I just get my big computer fixed so I can load pictures I have lots of pictures to show . My big shop use to be right off of I39 just north of portage on hwy cx. It was called L&L Custom Performance. To much overhead. now I just work on projects when I can out of old shop by my home. hopefully we can meet some time. Larry

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

5. Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  6. 1pickup

1pickup

We have met. Next time I need to stop in where you work, I'll say hello.

7. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Ya 1pickup I know after I posted that response I slapped myself upside the head and thought he's the guy I always get confused with his brother . You got the merc and your brother has the 36 Plymouth on the s10 frame! Of course my oldtimers disease kicks in and I can always remember the cars but not your names! I only work at NAPA on Sunday 's now but hell yeah stop an we will discuss that maroon paint you want for the merc some more. Later Larry

8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

55Caddy62 Thanks for the links, I have been following mirkos caddy from the start, absolutely amazing and I have been following Roberts work at MP&C's for years on a number of sites . A really great guy and a really talented fabricator !!!! Larry

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC