Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need to remove gas smell from my hands...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jvo, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'cause they won't let me hold my new granddaughter. The wife gave me some vinegar, and I washed them profusely with that, didn't take it away.
    Then we tried some freshly squeezed lemon juice, and that didn't take it away, either.
    Then we tried washing my hands in bleach, followed by another lemon juice washing to remove the bleach smell.
    Gasoline smell still persists and they won't let me hold her. Anybody got any ideas?
    Its obviously too late to put some gloves on, and I was working at my son's place where we didn't have any gloves anyway. Thanks for any ideas.

2. henry29

henry29

Gojo works good for me on gas, don't use a big glob and don't use any water till your ready to rinse. If that don't get it all wash them with blue dawn dish soap.

3. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

A skunk would work but it might create a bigger problem.

4. Rub a pine tree air freshener on them, but then the gas might smell better.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Put some gloves on.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's late and she should be in bed. Put her to bed and wash your hands vigorously with a solution of 1 gallon of water and 4 ounces of bleach. Afterwards, wash again with liquid dishwashing soap, then rinse.

7. badshifter

badshifter

Ask on marthastewart.com

8. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

9. henry29

henry29

Why?, Is she a mechanic?

10. Jokester

Jokester

What do "they" find objectionable about a little gasoline odor. Unless you plan a major lifestyle change, grow a pair and pick up the grandchild. She'll have to get used to it someday.

my 2¢

11. Drive Em

Drive Em

Lemon juice always works for me.

12. 66juiced

66juiced
    from Austin tx

Put some nitrile rubber gloveson get your hands to sweat real good take them off and wash them real good . Works everytime

13. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Depends on how long your hands were in the barn before you found them, and whether or not you're goal is to preserve the patina...

14. Diavolo

Diavolo

+2 on GoJo. Use it every time I play with gas and it takes it right off.

15. Who is they? The new born kid won't give a crap. (well it might) You at least are smart enough to wash your hands, that should be enough. If you really want to make friends with a newborn get a few drops of breast milk on your hands. (I'm serious) If the high and mighty parents don't like gasoline smell maybe they will get the picture when you don't show up or send any gift for Christmas or birthdays.

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

After scrubbing with hand cleaner dish soap etc. I have poured minty mouthwash over my hands, scrubbed then rinsed to kind of help kill the smell:D

The gas smell will go away on its own in a day or two but Im also curious to hear any other remedies.

17. 2racer

2racer

Use vodka or any other booze, if they are drunk enough they won't notice the smell....

18. slammed

slammed

Lacquer thinner Followed by gritty Go-Jo or like product. Then Dawn dish soap. Charcoal briquets rubbed together. Hand lotion then put on surgeon gloves for while. Start wearing glove when handling gas, paint, ect. Look ath the old boys w/ ALL kinds of health issues from one too many 'macho' man mindset.

19. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'd say disown your family instead, any kid that hasn't grown up accustomed to that smell will only become a prius driving faggot(or dike)

20. Wow, not one mention of "dryer sheets" yet!:rolleyes:

21. Louie T

Louie T
    from California

Real men smell like fuel.

22. voodoo1

voodoo1

That's a long time to wait by the cat box...

23. SLCK64

SLCK64

Tomato juice?

Trans fluid? That would at least smell better!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

A little gasoline smell never hurt anyone. All those chemicals you're using have to be worse on your skin than a little gasoline smell. It's not like you have a gasoline soaked rag on the kids face. Overbearing parents are such a pain in the ass.

25. gwayne

gwayne

Lather up with a grease-cutting dish soap, like maybe Dawn. Squirt it full strength on your hands work it into the skin and knuckles where the gas soaked into the skin. Maybe wash or Scrub with an old toothbrush or nail brush to work the detergent lather into skin folds and around fingernails. Works for me most of the time....

sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation... kind of sucks.... Good luck...

26. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

If coffee grounds will take the smell of propane out of a tank i cut up it will take gas off the hands. Its pricey but it works.

27. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Her perfume is probably a lot more harmful. Dry laundry detergent, wet hands, scoop it out, rub it in rinse it off, works well for fiberglass resin too.

Scotty

28. Muttley

Muttley

I happen to like Shaggy's answer quite a bit.

29. Rubbing alcohol works or plastidip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.