Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need to hear different mufflers on a 235

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usmile4, Apr 10, 2013.

1. usmile4

usmile4

I'm getting to the point where I need to start thinking of mufflers on my 51 Chevy. I have a 235 with Fenton headers and dual exhausts. I had this same engine in my 49 and had Cherry Bomb glass pacs and pipes from NCA. It had a nice rap but it was a little harsh for just cruisin around . I'm soon going to take it to a shop to get the pipes fitted up so they don't drag as I have bagged the 51. I am also going to have lakes pipes that I can uncap when I want it loud.

I've heard several different mufflers after searching the threads and youtube but would like to hear some in person. I'm in Naperville Illinois so I would like to find anyone within a 100 miles or so of me so maybe I could arrange a visit to hear what you got.

I will also take any links that you have that might be different than the ones I've already found.

Thanks for the help. Bill

2. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Believe it or not a pair of stock mufflers didn't sound bad at all in 1958 on a '54. Tail pipes out the back. Ending under the car will drive you nuts.