Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need Supercharger Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDE, Jun 13, 2017.

1. RDE

RDE

Just bought a supercharger from TBS. Model 250 (under hood) street. This is not for my car, it is for my airboat so I apologize if I offend anyone by asking for help. Specifically, I want to use my existing carburetor which is an AED 750. The guys at The Blower Shop say that it will be just fine and will work well, however friends of mine that have Weyand (sp) superchargers say that I need a carb with a vacuum power valve. Can anyone here in H.A.M.B. land straighten me out on this?

I usually run 3600 to 4000 rpm and going across land up to 4800 rpm. The blower will be on a stock Chevrolet Performance HO454, stock other than the supercharger. With the supercharger I should be able to cruise 3-500 rpm lower by re-pitching my props.

Thanks in advance for the group wisdom.

hotcoupe likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

seems to me that you'd want two 750 carbs on a blown 454.....I have a pair of 750 AFB carbs on my blown 427. They're pretty much completely stock 9755S model carbs. work fine, goes fast, lasts a long time, I drive it on the street all the time.

Montana1 likes this.
  3. At only 3600-4800 RPM range, you should be OK. It might limit your boost a little, but you're going in the right direction. Might need to richen it up a little.

squirrel likes this.