Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some tranny help.... not that girl with the adams apple on your corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KROWN Kustoms, Nov 30, 2011.

1. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Hey guys, got a turbo 375 HD from a buddy thats been in the warehouse forever. Anybody have any insight or info on these? What I can find on line is pretty vague. Just curious on the kick down?:confused:

2. drdoom

drdoom
    from new jersey

running one in my 53 f100, same trans as turbo 400 but with short tail their was somthing about the early torkconverters and the pump, but the kick down is electric switch just like on the 400,i never connected the kickdown and have no issues , ,hope that helps

3. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Thanks drdoom, I actually think its a 3l80 hd (the same thing). Just wondering its adverse effects if not used if any, and if you actually need to use it. I suppose you could just use a micro switch on the pedal if needed?

4. potshot

potshot
    from MT

Hydramatic made a TH375 that was a TH400 with a TH350 splined output shaft. They came in mid sized BOP cars in the late 70's. They held one less friction clutch in the forward and direct drums. They had TH375 cast into the bottom of the extension housing, and the rear seal was the same as a TH350.

5. squirrel

squirrel

early 70s maybe? And they also had TCS so it might have a two pin connector on the side of the transmission, instead of a single pin. Make sure you get the right one, as the TCS terminal shorts to ground when it shifts into high gear

Kickdown is nice....I always add the switch on the carb linkage.

6. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

He told me it was a 375, come to find out it is a 3L80 HD.