Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some inspiration.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mopar Mama, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Have you ever been hopelessly stuck, to the point of feeling like you would rather lick your tires than crawl under the car and do what needs to be done? I'm there. Overwhelmed, frustrated, to say the least. What do you guys do when you have this feeling? All I have to do is get under the car and pull the master cylinder, but for some reason it's easier said than done. Probably because I've never done it before. :( Am I just making this harder than it has to be? Anyway, all that's keeping the car off the road is an exhaust manifold and brake job. How do you all combat this roadblock problem?

2. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Simple, you gotta want to drive it!

3. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Yeah just think of how much fun your going to have driving it, its not that bad to pull the master cylinder, the manifold maybe a little harder depending on the rust on the bolts. When I hit the road block I just go through my old collection of mags, and books.

4. scottrich411

scottrich411

look through some mags, go to a show...wait til you see somethin cruise by, that always does it for me

5. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

Everyone gets it , you just have to make yourself do it! The payoff is alot greater than the greif!!!!!

6. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

put in your faforite tunes, have a beverage, crawl under there and get it done ! works for me

7. mikes51

mikes51

Set aside one hour each day and work on it. First hour, jack up car, place extra tires underneath for safety, etc. Second day (hour) go underneath and spray bolts and nuts with chemicals, evaluate what tools are needed, etc. It might take a whole week to do the m/c but in the end it will get done.

8. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

Just do it! Think of it like it is the car you drive back, and forth to work, if it’s not running you don’t work, don’t get paid! Go do it!

9. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Thanks everyone. I've been thinking, and I've worked myself up enough that I'm going to go make it my bitch. NOW. :)

10. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Now go show that car whose boss!!!!!!!!!

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

Use jackstands so it dont fall on your head. Chock it too. Just trying to help.

12. For me its like that scene in Hollywood Nights where Newbomb and Fran Drescher are making out in the pie wagon and she climbs in the back and tells him to come on....he just throws up his hand and tells her he cant do it cuz "his moods not right".....lol

It wont get done on by itself but seriously though sometimes stepping away for a little bit is the best "mood builder".

13. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

Don't worry about the burn out...Take a couple days to yourself, then do it right, mucho beverage y tunes and hell...just think of all the demons that will present themselves once you get a couple hundred good miles on her....DAMN!

14. Olustee Bus

Olustee Bus

This is good. Also, sometimes I find myself dreading to start something because I am just tired of one challenge after another. It always ends up easier than I thought once I get into it. If you do find yourself stuck, stop for a day or so because you very well may be getting on the wrong path. If that is your car on your avatar, it will be a cool ride.