Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some input

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by wash1, Jan 18, 2010.

1. wash1

wash1
    from Illinois

I am knew from Illinois, I have retired early and love working on old cars and trucks. Have restored a 67 Fastback Mustang for my son he drives localy and at car shows. I have started another project for dad, it is a 52 chevy truck I want to make a street rod out of it. My question is some people tell me to put it on a S10 frame and go from their. Some others say stay with original frame and update with IFS and some kind of better rearend. What is the your opinion for this project. Any suggestions welcome Thanks Bob

2. gmac

gmac

hey, welcome from mn. I too am planning on 54 chevy truck redo as yours. I was able to score a 47- 53 frame that already had camaro front clip in it. The guy I bought it from, didn't use it in his truck, instead put in a mustang 2 and didn't sound like he wasn't all that happy with it. said it was too stiff, although have driven buddies 48 chevy PU with m2 and handles great, I had considered S10 and I think thats a good way to go also, I know theirs a guy out their that has a company that does that, One question is how good is your current frame? Mine is junk, so getting the whole set on good frame was great for me, plus I got it for $400, so was no brainer. Anyway, good luck.