Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need some input! Ugly heater hoses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart36, Jun 8, 2012.

1. I know, but these old bones need a little warmth now and them!!!

Hard lines it is, both heater hoses and fuel lines. Thanks guys.

2. Rookie1

Rookie1

Ahhh just a thought since you'all don't like my 1/4 turn valves. What about the new seats with HEAT in them. Just to take the edge off.

3. With the dam heat around here lately, throw the heater away and get some AC!!:eek:

4. Just drive faster.:p

5. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

If you want a "stock" look but cleaner, consider what I've done to the cooling system on one of my boats. Summit has a complete listing of Dayco molded heater hoses with specs, so determine what size hose (there are even hoses with different ID ends if you need it!) you need and the lengths required. You can easily put together a very factory looking layout relatively inexpensively.
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=molded heater hose&dds=1

6. Didn't even notice the heater hoses with the GIANT UGLY ASS GM HEI ruining the look of a nice small block Ford :eek:

fordsbyjay likes this.
  7. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

8. 19-c

19-c

does anyone make vintage looking braided shield or sleeve for rubber hose?? similar to the cloth wire like in the pic?

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views:
  9. RageOf88

RageOf88

Hoses that come with 90s on the ends are nice because the length won't matter. You will end up cutting the length down and strategically placing a cuppler. I would advise never wrapping or coating your heater hoses, or any hoses. Wrapping and coating shows a lack of workmanship.

10. RageOf88

RageOf88

Sleeves are included in that workmanship category.

11. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Realy whats with the upper Rad hose now that ugly

12. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

What he said

13. Moedog07

Moedog07

UGLY can be Retro too!

14. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

unless you are going to put on snow tires and run in winter lose the heater

15. Bent up some stainless tubing and AN fittings for heater in 32 highboy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  16. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Alot of fords in the early 70s ran hard line across the engine. Junkyard looking is in order

17. Olfart,
    I was at a show with Wayne Keimig once and we were looking at different cars. He told me that the wire that went to his distributer was ugly but that if it didn't have it that it ment that he didn;t drive it. :D

I have run them as close to the engine block as possible and down to the chassis, then along the inside of the chassis and up through the toe boards on show cars before. you have to run all your plumbing for your heater inside though.

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

They can be nearly invisible with no need for complicated pipe or anything. Look at Tommy's post.
    Run manifold one right over front, the stright down beside water pump. Pump hookup also right down. Simple loop brackets like adel clips as needed so they can't get into fanbelt or anything.
    Once down to oil pan level, they can go stright back right below lower edge of block...more adel-styl clips or equivalent P-shaped strips of tin as needed, hook them either to pan bolts or to inside of frame. At that level, black hose way down and behind headers and stuff will ne nearly unnoticeable.
    Then, as Tommy said, UP through toe-board, BEHIND firewall. Adapt heater nipples to go down between core and firewall with simple plumbing copper 90 bends.

19. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Stainless steel braided hose is beautiful . But you best carry the thiem to also radiator ,upper and lower,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bill aka Tnomoldw

20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Mmmmmmm, friction tape. My favorite customizing accessory!