Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need some input on my th350

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Travis Cassady, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Travis Cassady

Travis Cassady

Give me hell for being a newbie but after googling so much this site was always the first to come up so I decided to join! I have a turbo 350 Got it from the guy that "put it together" finished and fixed all his terrible cobble jobs got the car running and it wouldn't move. Mind you the transmission was said to have never been ran. Pulled it out sent it to a guy in town he said whoever installed it busted the pump forcing the engine and tranny together without seating the converter. Got it back installed it, the car had no reverse he said bring it back to him. Pulled it out again. He said reverse clutches were burnt up he replaced them its good to go. Installed it yesterday started car it now has no forward gears and only has reverse. But here's the catch reverse is only in the first gear position (all the way down) with and without shifter hooked up. Anyone ever saw or heard of anything like this? I called builder again and told him he told me I was nuts and that it had to be in my shifter. Yet it does it with and without shifter hooked up thanks for any and all input

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

This is a traditional site.. 1964 and older cars.. Maybe you need to read the rules... Welcome to the hamb....

3. squirrel

squirrel

time to learn how to work on transmissions yourself, since no one else in town knows how, apparently.

4. Agree. Get the Sessions book. Start at the back (low/reverse) and fix it right, one piece at a time.
    Either that, or put a zipper on it for easy in and out.

Too many possibilities to speculate what's wrong. Doesn't matter anyway. Out she comes.

5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Took a turbo 400 to a transmission shop 6 times in 6 weeks back in the 70's before I bought a book and a few special tools. Rebuilt it myself and never looked back. Ended up working for AAmco after I got out of the Army. TH350's are fairly simple.
    Most manuals have pictures and text to follow along with diagnosis procedures.