Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Mar 14, 2008.

1. I do 95% of my work in the shop alone, it's a pain in the ass to get help. Plus I don't like to wait, when I'm ready to do something I like to just do it. I have a couple of bodies that I need to put on and off frames several times, and they're heavy as a bitch. Because I am going to have to this a few times, I'd like to rig up something to assist me. I have an A-frame with a chain fall, and I'm thinking this would be the way to go. Only thing is, I need to pick up a panel truck body, and haven't decided how to do it without damaging the body. Anyone wanna toss some ideas or pics? Thanks

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

make an attachment for your engine hoist to lift the body. My buddy and I put our 51 Fleetline body on a rotisserie and took it down with the engine hoist and addtional crossbar. Here are a couple of pics of how we did it. I have the pics reversed but you get the general idea. We added about 600 lbs to the body while it was on the rotisserie. We barely got it down. The 2 X 2 that you see as the cross brace got bent really bad bringing the car down
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks