Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some help on a flyer for a Highschool Benefit Car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead_brent, Jan 31, 2008.

1. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Well, I contacted Ryan the bossman before I posted this, and he gave me the OK!

I am helping the local shop classes do their annual benefit car show that I started 3 years ago with them. I graduated since then and am still helping them out because the class gave me a lot of good education.

Any way, since it is a benefit and we don't have much money we are looking for someone to design us a flyer, we had Angel Diaz and Jack Barton do the last 2 and they turned out awesome!

We are thinking that maybe we can work a deal of some sort once the flyer is finnished, and we will discus that with the artist!

The past 2 shows we did for the school kept the shop doors open and the students continued to have fun and learn. Many of the students actualy went off and got good paying "real" jobs because of the stuff we have been taught in the classes. We have had some great bands and great people help us out in the past, including many many HAMBers.

We are all(the younger kids organizing the show) between 17 and 22 years in age and have been influenced by alot of the HAMB Artists including, Von Franco, Tingler, Jeff Norwell, Coupe-De-Cab and many more !

If you feel like contributing some flyer work or helping out the local shop classes, please respond!

The Flyer would have to include the following:

Vacaville Highschool Industrial Arts Benefit Car Show

Sunday May 4th 2008 9am-4pm

American Made: Hot Rods, Customs, Trucks, Classics and Bikes.

Live Music (Bands and DJ)

Raffle

BBQ and Good Eats

$15 Per Vehicle

Free to Spectators

100 West Monte Vista Ave. Vacaville, Ca 95688
    For more info Call Kevin 707-249-9814 or Brent 707-580-3103

And if possible, maybe use this Ranchero since a few of us from the shop classes built it for our freind Kevin(who is doing most of the work for the show this year)
    [​IMG]

I know artists don't do things for free, but we are doing this as a benefit and to support the local shop classes so money is tight for us. So if you feel like supporting the classes let us know!

Thank you in Advance and have a good day!

2. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

And it should say somewhere 3rd annual also.

Here are the past 2 flyers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Bump for the afternoon crowd...

4. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

IM NO ARTIST BUT ILL DEFINITLY GO TO THE SHOW!!!I ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT IT FROM THE YOUNGER DUDES I WORK WITH!!HAVE YOU HEARD OF BRUCE GOSSET?HE IS IN WEST SAC AND DOES SOME AWESOME STUFF.I HAVE MET HIM A COUPLE TIMES AND HE IS SUPER LAID BACK.TRY CONTACTING HIM AT THE WWW.BLACKCATPRESS.COM OR WWW.BRUCEGOSSETT.COM JUST AN IDEA MAN EITHER WAY I WILL SEE YOU FOR SURE AT THE SHOW!
    LATER TONY

5. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Thanks man, I am going to contact him later.

Thanks for the support man, see you there.

If you want, PM me your number and we will hook up some time, I live in Winters now, so I am closer your way.

6. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

One more time...

to the top...