Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some help from Oklahoma HAMB'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roll_low, Jun 30, 2011.

1. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Looking for a shop in the Oklahoma City area (we live close to Lawton) that can heat and bend the I-beams on my 65 f100. Anyone know of a shop in the area that is still set up to do that?

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Have you checked Joe's speed shop in tulsa? I know he does I beams. I don't have his address or phone number he does good work. I also have a friend that has a 3" drop axle for a 65 f-100 ( that's pre twin right? )

3. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Tulsa might be a little too far for me. Unless he can bend them out of the truck? I just always assumed the beams needed to be in the truck so they can align it as they bend. And no, 1965 was the first year for the twin I-beam.

4. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

5. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Well I guess I was off a year:D (thought 66 was the first) . I bet he could do it with them off. I do know everything of his Ive seen is real nice ( like 5 different axles). I don't know of anywhere else. But I think his name is Joe Casto. Here on the H.A.M.B. they call him Okie Joe. It would be worth your time to check him out! I'm pretty sure he even magnafluxes the axles when they are done!

6. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Sent a PM to Sid. If I dont hear back from him I will check out the other Speed Shop. Thanks guys!

7. You'd best call Sid. Might be a long wait for an electronic reply from him(he's a busy kind of guy) ;) He would be my first choice :cool:

8. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Actually just got back from a dip in the hotel swimming pool and already had an answer from Sid! Looks like its not something that he will be able to do at this time. Thanks for the swift response Sid! The search goes on.................

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You don't heat the axles when you put them back in alignment. At least no one I know does.

Check with these guys
    Auto Alignment & Frame

509 SW Lee Blvd Lawton, OK 73501
    (580) 357-2234

My guess is that if they can't do it they know who can. It's not rocket science but the guy doing it needs to know what he is doing. If that doesn't work for you there is usually an automotive spring and suspension shop in most major towns and cities. Where the trucks and motorhomes get their suspension worked on and alignments done. Again, they can either do it or send you to someone that can do it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  10. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Thanks 48! I will give those guys a call. I have talked to a few guys that have heated and some that havent. I will see if these guys in Lawton have a good idea of whats going on.

11. senior fried

senior fried

send a PM to 4speedman, he has a hot rod shop in OKC, if he can't help he will point you in the right direction !