Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some Help/Advice.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toner283, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Toner283

Toner283

Hello Everybody. I need some advice on what I need to make my stuff work. My dad & I are building a model A coupe http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348159 and we have a deuce tank & a set of gauges out of a 1954 Buick. My question is where can I get a sending unit to work with the stock gauge. The gauges are in decent shape & we want to keep them. They have been a part of this hot rod for the last 40 years so we see no need to change them now. I am electrically stupid so please explain accordingly. Does anyone know if the gauge reads 0 ohms full or empty? Not sure if the gauge works or not but would like to try it before we spend the $$ to rebuild if it is not needed. we do not have a sending unit at all so we are up for anything that will work. Do we need any kind of a resistor or a regulator? These may sound like dumb questions but like I said I am electrically stupid. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. Onelow34

Onelow34

Find a hamber somewhere near you that works in a parts store, and have them look you up a sending unit in a book. Alot of them have pictures in the back so you know what your looking for. I have done it many times at my work. Also man, no question is a dumb question, at least your asking instead of messing up!! :)