Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need some door parts! 1934 Ford Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blazingangel, Apr 26, 2014.

1. blazingangel

blazingangel

I am building a 1934 Ford Pickup and the doors are pretty rough. The previous owner decided to build new door frames but I am looking to do something different. I am looking for some factory style door frames and also the top window support piece. I know I can get the bottom door skins, but what else is available?

I am also looking for a few other patch pieces. Where is the best place to find this stuff?

Here is a picture of the project.

[​IMG]

I am also looking for some "how to" stuff on patching a few spots.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. Try a search. There are a bunch of threads showing patch panel installation. Also, run a wanted ad in the classifieds for needed parts. Howell sheetmetal parts in Texas makes most patch panels you need. They are sometimes hard to get hold of so if you buy from them you may want to buy from their Ebay site as its more responsive I have found.

3. There seems to be a abundance of 32-34 pickup cabs out there missing doors and associated parts,most likely all these trucks were used on orchards and the doors were discarded. HRP

4. madmak95

madmak95

Howell's does have most of the parts for the doors but not all. The bottom 6 inches where gone on mine . Howells has the skins and bottoms but no sides. Had to build them.

Attached Files:

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I don't understand. My 32-34 doors do not have any frames other than the door itself. You'll need a good fabricator or another set of doors. There is a removable panel at the top for installing the glass but nothing around the glass. The felt glass run channel goes directly into the doors. There is a steel glass run channel that bolts into the front of the doors and they can be very difficult to find. Got any pictures of what you are working with?