Register now to get rid of these ads!

need some direction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malpass, May 14, 2007.

1. here is my dilema, im getting married june 29th and i need to get my car "presentable" as it will be our transportation from the reception, i get two days off a week which i can fit in about 8 hours worth of work on her, so about 12+/- days to work on her, and i've got no direction and not alot of money to spend, and i need some insight on what i can do in little time to spruce her up a bit. its a 52 chevy stlyeline, the buick bumper is gone and the stock grille and bumper are back on and 3" blocks in the rear since this picture was taken, i've got whitewalls im getting mounted next week, and the wheels will be gloss black with center caps and trim rings, and im probably gonna freshen up the rattle can paint job, aside from that, what would you guys do?

i know its not the best picture, but here she is:

[​IMG]

2. Tin Can

Tin Can

Depends on what your idea of presentable is. while the wheels are off spray some paint in the wheelwells, that really cleans it up.

Hows the interior? If in bad shape a mexican blanket cleans up any interior

3. i like the idea of painting the wheel wells, i had never thought of that, and as far as covering the seats, im in the process of that now, just did the rear for a guinea pig and it came out pretty god so this week im doing the front seat and all the door panels.

4. As an old married guy, I have to ask what your lady would be comfortable in for this, the biggest day of her life. Maybe you could, just this once, borrow something nice and spend your time helping with the preparations for the big day.
    This is what I would do. You will have the rest of your life to work on your car.

5. well, we have a '52 cadillac limo taking us from the wedding to the reception, and it was actually her suggestion and request that we take my car from the reception back to the hotel. and believe you me, i've been busting my hump helping her with everything i can for the wedding. her main request was just that her dress not get dirty, hence the seat getting recovered.

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Make sure the car is washed real good and your tires are clean, also clean up the chrome with polish. Make sure it's all sweeped out and clear of clutter and your glass is spotless.
    I've used my cars as wedding cars for other people before and it's a neat thing, some people like to see and be seen in an old car as part of a wedding especially a line of them outside a church.
    I wish you and your new wife the best and a long and happy married life together.
    Good Luck

7. bump for the night crowd, any input? going for a mid fifties mild custom look

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Most important thing to clean is the door jambs and the door edges to remove all traces of grease/grime. It may not hurt to use Scotch tape over the strikers and alignment wedges after cleaning.
    NOTHING ruins a wedding dress, or a honeymoon, quicker than a couple of gunchy black or rusty stains!

9. That's a good suggestion, clean those nasty door jambs. All of my decent shirts have fell victim to the dirty door jamb grease/grime.
    As it is now, I've got plenty of work shirts. I don't believe she'll be wanting a work wedding dress.
    Maybe if you can find a local striper to add a few lines to it, that would be nice. Maybe a couple o' lines on the freshly glossed wheels, as well, maybe.