Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some color help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Ok, I found a gold that I am absolutely in love with. It even passes the wife test!

[​IMG]

I want to paint the Vespa this exact gold with off white accents. And possibly my '58 Apache truck.

I see HOK has a color called BC01-Zenith Gold. Is this the color? It looks almost like a '57 Chevy gold.

Any help with this color code would be keen!

2. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

3. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Oh come on! 24 hours later its on page 10. Somebody has got to know about this color!

4. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Why don't you print off the pic and go flip through a PPG color sample book and find a color that is close.

5. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

This car is featured in the new Rd and kulture I think it might have the color in there

6. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

zenith gold is a little darker and more metalic

7. painterjohn

painterjohn

Look at PPG Vibrance color selector, That gold is probably in there. I think the number is 97528.. but dont quote me on that.

I know from a couple of projects ive done over the years, golds like this one arent cheap!

One called Las Vegas gold was about 550 a gallon for PPG base only.. no reducer, no clear. It was not a color they had a code for (actually came from an aircraft) But until i saw this gold, it was my favorite.

Good luck

8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I dont want a color that is close. I want the exact color. It reminds me of the Testors gold model paint.

9. tony070804

tony070804

did you ever find out what the name of this color is? it looks pretty sweet!

10. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Nope the closest I can come to is a HOK BC01 Zenith Gold and BC12 Zenith gold, its a cross between those two colors.

I haven't checked PPG yet.

11. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Ok one last attempt for HAMB help.

[​IMG]

12. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

This is some maddening shit! Some guy comes on here and on his first post asks about a heather core on his 93 Ford truck and gets a dozen responses.

I ask about a color on a custom car......and ....nothing.

By the way the PPG 97528 number was incorrect.

13. tony070804

tony070804

still no word on what this color is?

14. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Naw.....I gave up on this. Nobody is saying.

15. colordeluxe

colordeluxe

Not that easy to identify a custom color from a photo. For one thing,it looks like a tri-coat and you don't know how much pearl is in the mid coat or how many coats of mid-coat are applied. Not to mention the ground coat color. There are guys that can match this for you, but unless you can talk to the guy that painted it, it can take some time.

16. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

About your color quest, i´m sorry i cant be of any help..
    Best advice is to get a good painter to check on it, or talk to the car owner/painter... but, you´ve choosen a great color!!

About the easier answer posts on a 90s heater than a Custom car color, perhaps thats because mostly the guys (& woman) are not truly knowable, or does have the clue, but rather followed the crowd of whats "in" at the moment, without experiences on the subjects.. some of the post could be a clue..... and the search possibillity on the forum, nearly nobody seems to find, new quests about the same , easily comes on after a few days...:cool:

But, Good luck on the color search!!