Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Pictures 47-55 Chevy Disc Conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KernCountyKid, Jan 1, 2008.

1. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Does anyone have pictures of the disc brake conversion for stock front ends on 47 - 54 Chevy AD trucks??

I need to compare, I'm not too sure about how I set mine up. My kit came from Speedway, but I think everyone is hocking the same kit.

2. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Thanks for the link. I can't tell in the pictures which side of the axle we're looking at. The reason I ask is I ended up with my calipers at the back of the wheel, and for some reason I think maybe they are supposed to be at the front. Anyone know for sure?

[​IMG]

3. squirrel

squirrel

If the caliper brackets get in the way of the steering arms, then you might need to reverse them! the most important thing is that you have the bleeders a the top of the calipers :)

4. most of the time the calipers are on the rear, but like squirrel said make sure the bleeders are on top whatever way you put them on.

5. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

Ok, the bleeder is up top. Thanks fellas.