Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Pic-Offy 3924 6 Barrel Log Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SteadyT, May 6, 2008.

1. SteadyT

SteadyT

Hey guys, I have been checking out 6 Barrel intakes and this Offy 3924 Log Intake looks like the only one available for my application, except I can't find a fuckin' pic of one for the life of me.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ofy-3924&view=1&N=700+150+

I did what my stupid lil' FNG Ass was supposed to do and did a search here too, but nothing...

Does anyone have a pic of one (mounted or un-mounted) that I could take a peek at?

Thanks all,
    FNG SteadyT

2. shpotty

shpotty
    from New Jersey

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sort of lost... or maybe I'm just confused... or wait... WHAT? Are you looking for a 6 barrel intake picture or are you looking for pictures of the log style manifold that Offy used to sell (and maybe reselling now??) for six (6) 2 barrel carbs?? What engine are we talking about?? What IS your application?? Is this for an SBC??

4. SteadyT

SteadyT

Sorry if there is some confusion. On the Summit link I have above describes my application: its an intake for six one barrel carbs and bolts to an SBC.

Thanks Shpotty, that pic helps. Thats exactly what I thought it would look like.

Shit may be cheap on Summit, and it may be an easy site to navigate, but fuckin' A they need to update their pictures.

5. SteadyT

SteadyT

Oh shit. I just noticed the description on the Summit link is for six two barrels.

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

That is a picture of a six two barrel manifold. A six barrel manifold would be what used to be called three twos.

7. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

A word of caution......Offenhauser's 6 deuce intake can only be ran with straight linkage to all 6 carbies or you will definitely lean out the front and rear cylinders if you try progressive or run just the center 2. Weiand or Edelbrock can be used with progressive linkage as they use a center equalizer runner were Offy does not.

8. SteadyT

SteadyT

Thanks for the words of caution. I believe that intake isn't going to be a realistic option.