Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need pic of Dodge hemi motor mounts..PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1/4 Chub, Apr 21, 2006.

1. 1/4 Chub

1/4 Chub

I am looking for any pictures and info of motor mounts for a Dodge 241, 270 hemi, that do not use that stock location mount. I don't know how the stock mount was but somewhere off the water pump I think; I am looking run an different pump.Thanks in advance Chubs

2. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

I've got one of those motors also. Been thinking about a Hurst style mount off the front.
    Read about using later poly blocks with side mounts and swapping the heads and internals.
    Someone here has gotta have something on this, a pic or advise.
    Paul

3. So how did a thread requesting information get five stars?

The star system is a device to compliment others on their good work with a tech post or similar.
    Not to garner attention.

Less than honorable in my book....

4. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

I didn't do it.
    Paul

5. I didn't think you did.

6. dv8

dv8

Here's the Hot Heads chevy waterpump/motormount unit. www.hothemiheads.com

It's been covered a few times before lately, but if you use an engine with the long cam, you'll have to cut off the fuel pump boss, and make a couple of spacers to get the waterpump off of the timing cover. Or switch to the later cam, and use the aluminum, smooth cover. Also "shifts" here on the board, is using a hurst-style plate that his buddy makes.

[​IMG]

7. 1/4 Chub

1/4 Chub

Thank you to those of you who offer advice. dv8 or paul windshield does the hurst style mount also mount at the timing cover? I will not be running any water pump on the front of the motor so that should open the options that can be built. Any picture of the "hurst style" mounts?Thank YouBrady

8. dv8

dv8