Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need pic/dims of Hurst shifter bracket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deto, Aug 15, 2015.

1. deto

deto

So I picked up a tri-5 Hurst shifter from a fellow hamber, but it didn't include a mounting bracket.

Fabbing one up isn't an issue, but I would like to get the dimensions correct. I know the position is critical to the geometry.

Can anybody send me a pic with some basic dimensions on it?

It's mating up to a Muncie m20

2. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I just installed an M20 in my '59 chevy p/u. The shifter I used with it was a super shifter 3. The entire mounting plate was remade so the shifter sits 4" forward. You can see the shortened shift rods.

[​IMG]

3. Raunchy

Raunchy

You can go to the Hurst web sight and pull up the installation instructions and maybe that will help. It won't have dimensions though.

4. deto

deto

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Like I said earlier, just get the factory Hurst stamped steel one ($30.00) off of E-Bay, usually NEW. The aluminum ones tend to strip out, especially the used ones that have been installed/removed/reinstalled many times. I wish I had an extra to give you, I would. The Muncie's and Borg Warner's use the same piece, at leastwise GM applications do. I know you have the ability/talent/equipment to make one however, and maybe you want the challenge. Any swap meets in your area to hit? Let me check with a friend of mine tomorrow, and I'll get back to you, he has a ton of stuff and owes me, and I owe him some $$$. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  6. deto

deto

Sorry butch. I forgot you told me they sold them a la carte. I will check it out. Thanks!

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Sorry, no luck on the bracket. Try E-Bay, there's one with a BIN of $20.00, and you'll need to two bolts that bolt the shifter itself to the bracket, and the bracket to trans bolts. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.