Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Photo Shop Help W/ My Model A Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have no clue how to do photo shop or what ever it may be called?....I am thinking of installing a big tube CAE straight chrome axle up front w/ a stock eye spring to raise the front end up.....and doing some frame surgery to drop the rear end down, until the top of the slick is about 3'' from the bed sides rolled edge........is it possible to photo shop this?..I can see it in my head, but would like a hard visual if possible......I want to do this with hopes that it may help plant the rearend down w/ the new engine at the track w/ the extra power......Thanks, Littleman..this was the only side shot I found, its before it was finished...I am starting to wonder if I should leave the stance alone..

[​IMG]

2. Very subtle change and hard to see between the views. I took the truck and frame between the tires and rotated, which should be what you described. Lowering the rear and raising the front slightly. The wire wheels kinda hinder the job.
    If you open the thumbnail, it will open in another window and be close to the size of the original, then move it around so you can see the original, you can see the difference.

Attached Files:

3. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

i like it as is. my .02

4. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

If it were me, I wouldn't change a thing.:cool:

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Are you running those slicks at the track? If so, switch to modern slicks and it will launch harder.

6. roddinron

roddinron

I raised the front a little here BUT, after I did it I realized I didn't have to change the angle of the hairpins like i did, since an axle change wouldn't affect that, but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only way that would look better would be if it was parked in MY yard !

8. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks everyone.....I am starting to think the vision in my head may warrant another Truck build and leave this old girl alone........I am thinking the front end raised even another 6'' from where you have it Ron...........It would be like a mini nosebleed........Thanks again everyone..........I need to get this capability of manipulation on my computer...hell I may have it, and not know it.....Littleman

The CAE axle I have is straight across, I have a stock eye seven leaf spring coming...so I know it will really raise the front, as it sits, it has a 4'' dropped I-beam and a mono leaf spring.....

9. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Where can I purchase Photoshop, or is it installed on most computers as a standard?...Thanks Littleman..not the best w/ the computer...

10. triton6972

triton6972

Dave try Adobe.com

11. roddinron

roddinron

If your thinking of trying photoshop I highly suggest you take a course in it, it's really pretty hard to learn on your own, and you have better things to do I'm sure. It's also pretty expensive, so maybe you could find an older version somewhere to try, there's not much difference in them. The only way I learned was I broke my back in an accident and couldn't do much else. But even with all the time I've spent on it, I can still only do the basics. Course I ain't real bright either!:eek:
    Anyway how's this?
    [​IMG]
    I screwed up, I shouldn't have raised the headlights when I raised the truck.

12. damnfingers

damnfingers

The Photoshop is excellent^^^^but the look is horrible.

13. Senica

Senica

Damn.... I'd leave THAT bad boy alone!!

Sweet ride!

14. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

I agree, I would leave it alone, It is sweet the way it is.

15. Scott

Scott

DITTO

16. looks awsome as is ..

17. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

My .02 leave it alone. Love it as is.

18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks Ron for the second photoshop job!!!.........Curly just left and after that conversation, I have decided to leave well enough alone.....I will have to build another one to look correct it needs more of a severe rake...and to acomplish that it needs a frame built and designed to do so...no need to butcher this one up..I will continue with the engine swap out, roll cage and rear suspension upgrade........Then burn some rubber and go after the Rebel Reaper ha ha ....Littleman..Thanks everyone for the photoshop work...