Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need photo of '28-9 on '32 rails w/ Model a wheel base

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1930roadster, Apr 10, 2013.

1. 1930roadster

1930roadster

Hi all,

Having Gary at blackboard make me a 32 frame for my 29 A body. I want to run a full hood, A grill & no fenders. He said i need to run with the model A wheel base instead of the deuce wheelbase which is 2.5" longer. Anyone here ever do one like that if so have picture?

2. Doesn't sound right. Back in the day when guys slapped a 29 roadster onto a stock 32 frame, they didn't shorten the wheelbase at all.

Did your builder give an indicated as to why you have to run the A wheelbase?

Just have the wheelwells in the body line up with the stock location of the rear axle on a deuce chassis and go from there. You'll need a stretched hood to account for frame length differences...

3. brandon

brandon

it actually might not be bad at all....could move the crossmember back and add horns from the crossmember forward....

4. The A shell and Hood sort of lock you into The A wheelbase.
    Might give you some engine chalanges to workaround too.

5. brandon

brandon

my last tudor had a stock shell and I made a aluminum hood...worked way easier than my stock hood did....:D

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

It's about proportions. Stock Model A hood is proportionate with the body, especially '28-'29.
    Seen too many with lengthened hoods...anybody can do that. As in anything, there can be exceptions.

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I would think shortening a deuce frame would be a step backward. Not really worth the work to retain a stock full hood, IMO. Stock full hoods look good on Model As, but they don't really look any better than a stretched full hood on a Model A on deuce rails. And the extra length in the frame makes it easier to shoehorn an engine in there and you only have to recess the firewall less, if any at all, depending on what engine you run..

[​IMG]