Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Need more info on this truck

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dave50, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Dave50

Dave50

This thing is done right! Does anyone know who the owner is? More pics and info please Thanks Davefiddy :)

Attached Files:

2. No doubt it's hammered...a lot! :eek: HRP

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Looks like a lexan windshield

4. willymakeit

willymakeit

I'm curious also. Wouldn't mind the specs. To much out of the top for my height [6'4'']. Nice work tho.

5. Dave50

Dave50

I think with the big windshield the chop isnt so bad but idk i am not sitting in it, also depending on the seat those have about 8-10 inchjes of head room if i remember right. I have a front shot of it i found last night it has a merc or desoto teeth style grille.. I was thinking lexan windshild to but idk for sure. Its a cali truck.

6. Dave50

Dave50

Front shot whats the grille in it?

Attached Files:

7. F&J

F&J

[​IMG]

52 truck, I think

that truck needs shiney paint, panels or scallops, AND chromed belly burner pipes on the bed rails :)

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

that windshield COULD be a flipped window out of something else, its slightly different shaped. Or also lexan. Friend had a nicely chopped 56, after 5 tries he gave up on glass and put the cab out in the yard and finished the truck with a unchopped cab

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if it were done right there would be glass in the windshield hole.

10. Judging by the screws around the windshield if you blow the picture up , its a poly carb , NOT glass , nice truck though

11. Fedman

Fedman

I know that I might be in the minority on this, but a 56 Ford pick Up should not be chopped, I know that some examples might be shown as good examples, but I think they look like Ass chopped.

There, I got it off my chest, I apologize for this outburst. :D

12. Frank32

Frank32

Thanks for all of the comments, I love every bit of this truck. It has a 6'' chop top, 1951 Ford grill, 350/350 with ten bolt rear and subframe. its now satin orange (PPG Orange with SEM satin clear). It has a lexan front windshield (recently installed), olds fiesta hubcaps, whitewalls, appleton spotlights. It's chopped, low and fun as hell to drive. You would be very surprised how nice this truck drives and how much head and leg room there is. Just a blast.......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  13. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks for the info. I really like your truck and with the color change too! Why the lexan WS? Whats the front end? Thanks

14. Frank32

Frank32

It has a GM sub-frame. Lexan WS just worked for us with the aggressive chop, it was a easy fit. I may change it later, works great for now. I have attached a few more pictures.

Take Care.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013