Register now to get rid of these ads!

need more banger help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordsteel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Dose anybody have any tech information on the dimensions for boring a banger block for insert main bearings? Need all the specs so my local machine shop can do the task. thank you very much for any help.

2. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

I would like to see that also. What kind of inserts,
    I hear that Harvester Cub will work?

3. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Any one have this information it will really help.

4. easyrider47

easyrider47

I think a lot of people run inserts out of an MG. Check with H & H in Cal., they build them all the time.

5. What flavor "Banger" you talking 'bout? Ford T, A, B? Chev 4, 6? Some can use British Standard (as in Triumph). Others can use GM SBC. Jay Steel, Taylor Engine in Whittier, has forgot more'n I know.:)

6. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

sorry a mild built model a banger is what im working on.

7. If you're not going to be running high compression and RPM; you might be just as well off keeping the babbit mains. You can buy aftermarket rods that take inserts. There's a cost factor to machining blocks and buying main caps to accept inserts. More to consider, is how you're going to get pressure to these new inserts. Modified oil pump? Fully drilled crank? Get out the thinking cap; and dig into the coin purse, before you start.;)