Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need input

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by charlesincharge09, Aug 5, 2013.

1. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

So i am planning on building a frame soon for my 1930 channeled plymouth. i have a dropped A axle and am going to run split bones. before i build the frame i would like some input on my options. Do i Z the front of the frame and run spring above axle or do i run the frame straight with suicide spring mounts? OR do i do a combination of each? This is my first frame build and need some advice. I have an old broken A spring that i can use for mockup. What are going to be my advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks!

2. bgaro

bgaro

it depends on the look your going for. i would prefer a straight frame over suicide or z, but thats me. also consider a reverse eye spring, it'll get you lower. your desired stance will determine your set up. post a pic of something that looks like what you wanna build.

3. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

I am going for a low look, i love the stance of dreadybears model A coupe. Im trying to keep it simple due to the fact that i do not have the tools or knowledge do something over the top

[​IMG]

this is somewhat of the look im going for as far as ride height

4. my avatar is the stock "A" frame with the spring in front of the axle, stock '41 axle

5. bgaro

bgaro

this one looks to be suicide, putting your front wheels way forward. dreddybear has a sweep, and is way cooler in my opinion. look at his build thread. Dreddybear's Model A Coupe thread - DARTH WALTER

6. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

ive seen his build before and it is insane! im not too picky if its suicide or not, i like the look of both, im just not sure if i should z the frame when i build it. I would hate for it to be straight and find out that with my drop axle and reverse spring it still be too high. Or if i Z it and find out that its too low.

7. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

There is so many combinations to pick from

8. bgaro

bgaro

that is what the mock up is for, build it straight and see how it looks. keep in mind a stock model A wheelbase is 103" anything longer will appear stretched.

9. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

According to my research the stock wheelbase on my Plymouth was 109 so it's gonna be a long car, if I suicide it, she'll be even longer

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!