Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs need info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddyp, Nov 8, 2009.

1. teddyp

teddyp

my buddy doing a 58 plym conv. it,s a frame off does anyone know what the rubber mounts are? and where we can get them?
    thanks
    teddyp

2. got any pic's

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

plydo or steele for all your needs

4. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Try Kanter auto.com in Boonton NJ

5. teddyp

teddyp

We tried kanter and steele no good who is plydo and due the have a web site
    thanks
    teddyp

6. squirrel

squirrel

from another forum:

"Tom died in April of 2008. His wife still owns the business and Chris and Tony are there to help. Chris told me that he may have a diagram for you if you want to get in touch.

You can get to them at 304-475-3245 (let it ring, they may be in the shop) or FAX at 304-475-3190, or email at [email protected]. Be patient as they are still trying to sort everything out, but they should get back with you. Still have a lot of parts and a lot of information and documentation."

7. teddyp

teddyp

thanks for the help haveing alot problems getting things for a 58 lots for early mopars up to 56 then 59 and upbut not has much for the 57-58 and this is a conv. to boot:eek:

8. Got a spammer here!

9. teddyp

teddyp

vinny called plydo he said the are very nice but couldn,t help with a 58 anyone know of anyone we could try?

10. How about Metro Molded Products in MN. The should have a web site and are in Hemmings every month.

11. Hey Teddyp

Just some info on body mounts I've gathered over the years. Nothing specific to your make and model of car, but I think it's insightful none the less.

The body mounts on the convertibles are usually different from their hard top brothers. The difference appears to be due to the increases body flexibility in a car without a roof. While working on my 56 Ford I met a guy doing a 56 Ford convert. He said his body mounts were solid steel! (no rubber at all). On my 58 Cadillac the convert body mounts were 2 inch squares of high density rubber with some sort of reinforcing fabric moulded inside them. They were very thin and were just flat squares (where as the ones on a coupe de ville were specially moulded to include rounded parts that fit into the mounting holes on the frame. Indeed, some of the ones on the coupe were two part pieces with metal tubes moulded in.... but not so on the convert.)

So.... we made our own mounts from a sheet of polyurethane. We ordered it from an industrial manufacturer for $30 a square foot. We chose our own density (75 to 100 durometer.... a measurement scale for density of this stuff) Cheap, accurate replacement for the existing ones, and the polyurethane wont degrade like the rubber ones did.

Hope this info helps,
    Greg

12. 51 mercules

51 mercules

You might try G & G Mopars In Colton,Ca 909-825-1231.

13. teddyp

teddyp

Thanks for the help the hamb rules will try the new leads and post what we find