Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need info on repo '32 5W deck lid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryN, Jan 29, 2013.

1. GaryN

GaryN

Does anyone know who makes the repo steel '32 5W deck lids? I know United Pacific has one for their new body and Howell Sheet metal and Brookville both offer them. Are all three of these companies making their own or is there just one manufacturer? Anyone have experience with any of these?
    I'm in the process of redoing my coupe that I've owned since 1974. When I built it the first time I used a fiberglass lid that never did fit right.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd go with the Brookville. Bob

3. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

I used a Brookville on my 5 window. Fit and finsh was very good. No problems installing. It is my understanding the stamp and finish them in their plant in Brookville. I have two friends with 32 Brookville roadsters using the same deck lid as the 5 window and they both look very good.

4. United has their own tooling overseas. Haven't fit one yet, but heard they're pretty good. Brookville has their own tooling in Ohio. I have fit them, and they seem pretty spot on. As for Howell's, I do not know...I had thought they only made outer skins, but I've been wrong before...many, many times in fact.

5. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

I used a brookville and was very happy with it.

6. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

I have always felt that the Brookville was a little "flat" compared to the crown of originals.
    The United Pacific deck lid is in my opinion Perfect. Inside and out. and the edp primer is really nice when you consider those inner areas that can't be coated or sealed easily.
    Only problem is it's still not available yet. they're saying soon like middle of Feb.
    I'm waiting for mine.

7. GaryN

GaryN

I'd be afraid to guess what they'll want for one. I've bought their sub rails, floor pan and rear 1/4s for mine and those parts look great. So far I've only just started and I have the left sub rail in place. I have been leaning toward Brookville but you make a good point about the primer. I've got lots to keep me busy for a long while so maybe I'll hold off and see what they ask for the UPI lid. Thanks for the reply.

8. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

9. GaryN

GaryN

10. Xman

Xman

There is a very nice original for $400 on C/L Frisco.