Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need info on a 41 Willys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AA/Fuel34fordpu, Feb 19, 2009.

1. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

A drag racer I know has a 41 Willys gasser that was raced under the name Bussey & Phouts (Fouts??). Now he races the car under the name PT Willy. It has the original black paint on it still the windows are blue. The seats are covered in blue zodiac flake. The rearend is a Pontiac with 5ft ladder bars. The frontend has a Don Long straightaxle. I know some times you guys on here know just about every thing about any thing. If you have any info photos memories PLEASE pass them along. Im hoping to find him more info on the car.

Thanks

Ill try to find some pictures and post them.

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Here's the only picture I can find of the car
    [​IMG]
    any info would be great!

3. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

BTT PLEASE

I think the car was a west coast car

Any body?????

4. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

I think the present owner lives in Illinoise...I am sure he will be at the BG(Ky) Reunion, or possibly at Thompson Gasser Warz...I have some info on the present owner/car...I will have to find it. I dont know him personally or anything, but have some info from a site...

EDIT. I didnt realize you said it was your friend who owns the car...oops. He would have to talk to last owner, or go to gassermadness or geezergassers...I really doubt you will get anywhere on here...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009

5. Weasel

Weasel

Come on down Kiwi Kev......

6. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I was kinda hoping Kiwi Kev would know. That man knows just about every gasser that came from out west.

7. Weasel

Weasel

Why don't you send him a PM then - he's probably out is the garage at the moment, welding on his Willys.:eek:

8. Sorry guys, I don't recognize that one.

9. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

10. SLACKERCCBUZZ

SLACKERCCBUZZ
    from CHICAGO

I know the car very well My uncle Wally Bussey and Ron Fout built it My other uncle Jack Buczkowski drove the car.It originaly had a Hilborn fuel injected stroked 392 hemi. Sadly Jack passed away a few years ago, but Ron and Wally are still around and still into hotrods.If you go to the Slackers car club web site www.slackerscc.com you can see a photo of them with the car at Mccormick place world of wheels around 1969.I will dig out some old photos and I have some old 8 mm movies of the car at Us 30 dragstrip and Oswego I will try to post

11. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Hey buzz I got your pic
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wally Jack and Ron
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Thank you guys VERY MUCH!!!!!

13. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

14. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

PRO ENFO thanks for posting the pix I was having a hard time finding them.

15. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Man that is crazy. Thanks for contacting us and thanks for the pics. We been about that car for a long time. Last I heard it got wrecked and was dead but it looks alive and well to me.

16. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Im hoping to get Bill and the builders together. Bill has wanted to know the history of that car for along time. Now thanks to you, buzz and THE HAMB its coming true. The Willys is raced at Byron Dragway all the time! I hope you guys can make the trip and check the car out!

17. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

Thats great that that car is still around. Tell your buddy to bring it out to the road block in june. We will have a section dedicated to Oswego Dragway and I'm sure some people would remeber the car. I know I would love to see it

18. Spike!

Spike!

***sniff*** I love this place.

Spike

19. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Great story with a happy ending, wish it was always this easy to find history on these old cars! The HAMB comes thru again!!!!

20. Weasel

Weasel

Gasser Reunion 2009 - any chance it'll be there?

21. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

The one at St. louis for sure. I wish it was that easy to find history on my 48 Austin :(