Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need info on 1950-52 Dodge 3 window coupes.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NuckinFutz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

I got a few questions about these cars.

How hard is replacement panels to find ( rockers and floor pans)?

How hard are the sixes in them to find parts for?

How hard are hop up goodies to find?

Would they be flat head or OHV 6cyl?

Does anybody have pics of one as a mild custom or taildragger?

Do you guys think one will make a good custom?

Thank you in advance.

2. 1] pretty much none
    2] easy
    3] they are out there but you have to look
    4] flat head six 230 ci
    5] there are some real nice custom ones on here

I think they are cool as hell

Attached Files:

3. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Hilo's right on. Pretty much no body parts are repop'd for these cars. But, the flathead six came in just about everything, pretty much unchanged, from the late 30's all the way to 1960. They were in cars, trucks, generators, tractors, you name it. So stock parts are pretty easy to find. Speed stuff is a little harder, but its out there. Check out Edgy's speed shop for some aftermarket stuff, or Stovebolt (really nice cast headers). There are others out there, plus vintage stuff by Edmunds, Offy, Fenton, etc.

Personally, I think that style lends itself pretty well to a mild custom treatment, and I'm not even a "custom guy".

4. George

George

A lot of threads on late 40s/early 50s Mopars, most update info works on them, use search. Shock relocation & disc brake kits out there.

5. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

I used the search. I found the 50-53 dodge plymouth thread, the 1950 plymouth, The mopar cars thread. I found a few cars that were what I was wanting to look at, I found alot of description of cars I was looking for, but the pics were either red X of no longer available from the pic hosting site. That why I asked , maybe some of the guy on them other threads with no pics, might still be around, plus I'm looking for a certain body style. not just a 58 page crosssection of everything mopar.

Since I posted this, I have found rockauto makes pans for these cars. No luck on the rockers tho, They should be an easy fab job, since they are not completely toast, just a few holes. More than enough left to make a pattern from.

Please post any pics of 3 window mopars and please list what model mopar it is too. I've noticed in other threads that alot of trim is different. Some I like and others I don't. When I get to see this car in the flesh, I want to know what kind of grill to look for incase I don't like the one this car has.

Hilo, Monkey,George,

Thanks for the responses and the links guys. Hilo That gasser is BADASS!

Futz

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  6. 58prostreet

58prostreet

Check out www.P15-D24.com. there is a lot of info on that site. E bay sometimes has body parts and some new floor panels are also available sometimes.
    Bob

7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Rocker panels are easy to make on a brake and the floors are plain flat metal.

8. I have a 49 dodge and the floor pan is not just flat..I also bought a 50 Ply to use body parts from It is completely different from the Dodge,,so I now have a 50 Ply 3 window that is useless to me..

9. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

49 Dodge chopped, it was a 48 hold over body.

Attached Files: