Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Need Ideas coloring the roof of my '53 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevyrulezzz, Oct 1, 2010.

1. chevyrulezzz

chevyrulezzz
    from Holland

A party tent crashed on my roof and left all scratches.

Now I have to repaint it anyway I'm thinking of doing something special with it. I have some ideas but find it very hard to imagine those on my car.

I like the satin/flat black, so it's only about the roof. Also I kind of like the current color, but it should have some more dept, so I'm thinking about a candy.

I like (very subtile) ghostflames or some metalflake, but any idea is welcome !!!

Thanks

John

Attached Files:

2. deto

deto

heavy flake. no ghost flames

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Maybe lace, but not flames.

I've been looking for a nice black cherry/pearl/ flake, etc to paint my car, what color is that?

4. atomickustom

atomickustom

5. XM_HADDY

XM_HADDY

i just had a mate paint the roof of my '64 falcon ute, it a black base with silver flake then brandy wine candy over that!! i love it, in some light it looks black but as soon as a bit of light hits it it pops!!
    it would look cool on ya chev!

Attached Files:

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

If what he wants is different, then lace would do it. I think the whole car would look good in that color though. I'm not one for lace or flames.

7. no, if he wants what everyone else is doing, then lace would do it. not that lace aint cool, just very trendy right now.

i think a retreat back to simple would be great for that car..

maybe some chrome tape and candy, or a simple tape out border with edge shading under candy.

maybe a nice solid psuedo candy metallic with some nice silver scallops in the corners.

simple, understated, classy.

8. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Over in Holland, I bet lace is very different. Of course, so is having an old car instead of a bicycle.

9. you got a point there....

10. chevyrulezzz

chevyrulezzz
    from Holland

All of you thanks for all remarks so far !!!

53sled : I'm not sure if you were asking, but I don't know the exact color on my car. It's a metallic red (a bit to brown). It has not much depth though. If you want I can send you a better picture. There are a lot fine USA cars here in holland (not only bicycles :) ), but it will never be the walhalla as in the states of course !!

XM_HADDY : I found a picture of that roof of your friend some time ago and stored it as an idea. Funny that you come up with some more details about it. Thanks !!

Alteredpilot : I think you are pretty much on the same line with my thought. Would be nice to have some examples though.

So please keep posting ideas/opinions.