Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Idea on price of 34 Plymouth 5 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uglyoldcrow, Nov 9, 2011.

1. uglyoldcrow

uglyoldcrow

I'm a Ford Guy and just selling my 40 Standard Coupe I kind of got a fare idea of the value of the old Fords. I just had an old timer stop by asking if I could put a value on his 34 Plymouth 5 window coupe. Mostly rust free original, The engine and transmission were Long Gone. Everything else was there. He's had it for 40 years and still has the NY registration. Someone before him removed the engine, motor mount & transmission before he got it. All the glass is in the car except one rear side glass and that might still be in the car. Front drivers side fender has one bead break but no other body damage as I could see on first inspection. Paint looks original. He said he was going to clean out some of the shit out around the car so I could get a better idea of condition. I know it's hard to price something without seeing it but I'm just trying to get a rough idea of value. Thanks, Jim

2. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I'd say 2500-5000 depending on condition. Without seeing it's too hard to say. I gave 4500 for a running amateur restoration 33 PD about 25 yrs ago. There were 2 wheel bases in 33 a PD and a PCXX(?) I think. Don't know about the 34s but the long wheelbase would be more desirable to me if there is two.

48 Poncho

3. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a cool style, my guess 4-6K.

4. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I would tend to agree with 48 Poncho, but we live in the central states. Car prices are cheaper here than say down toward Fla., up toward New England states, and out west like California. I've found location does have something to do with price.

5. uglyoldcrow

uglyoldcrow

I'm going to do my best to close the deal this weekend. I want to keep the car in the original patina look but have to start thinking about a motor and transmission. I like standard floor shift. Looking for an easy re-power. Found a stock running 34 Plymouth six but open to a good reliable engine swap. Any ideas? I'll have pictures to post this weekend. Jim

6. oldsman41

oldsman41

helped a friend put a 340 six pack motor in a 33 not real bad. he wanted it to stay all mopar. but i would think about anything in the 350 ci range would fit nicely.

7. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check out my 33 Dodge coupe build thread on the message board. Installed a 318 in it, but a 340 or 360 would go in just as easy. Early 70's Mavrick 8" rears bolt right in, but are getting hard to find.

8. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Went the "rarely seen" 350 Chevy in my 33 Plymouth with turbo 350. Used a Ford Granada rear which bolted up as well. Vega cross arm steering with 4" dropped axle and discs. Was a great car, drove for 16 years.

48 Poncho

9. 33mopower

33mopower

I will agree with 4-6k estimate. The value of a mopar to another mopar guy is all in how complete it is. You can buy a complete car for this but will pay thru the nose for the small hard to find parts. If you are going to strip off the fenders and build a hot rod then it doesn't matter. If your building a resto rod then the value is in the details. For example I had to buy a 6k 33 Desoto 4 door sedan to get the taillights and the horns, the two hardest parts to find for a 33 Desoto. Finally recently found a set of taillights for my 33 Chrysler, $800 and that didn't include the stands.