Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need ID help on stainless trim,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustingear, Mar 17, 2021.

1. bustingear

bustingear

Need ID help on stainless trim, picked these up at swap meet and think they might be ford. Anyone recognize these? Could they be 1949-1951 shoebox?
    long side 60" with 8" center gap, short side 55" , about 18" tall in center,
    beginning to wonder if these are even for a front or back window at all. because of the bottom center gap . They may be pieces for side windows?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  2. BJR

BJR

Good luck.

3. That would be nearly impossible.
    If you assembled it the way its mounted on the car it might draw some conclusions.

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just about EVERY make/manufacturer used a split/2 piece windshield from the mid '30s to the mid '50s...and a large percentage offered stainless trim. I'm afraid it's one of those "Needle in a Haystack" kinda thing.:(

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I hope you got a real bargain as the hopes of finding what that stuff fits is slim to none.

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well if you're not sure I'd list the, for sale as possible Duesenburg trim... nothing to lose and you would not be misleading anyone! LOL

7. bustingear

bustingear

the guy had alot of 1949-1951 Ford stuff, Could it be shoebox? The face of trim is concave??

8. Budget36

Budget36

I’ve got stuff all over I bought and have no clue what it was for.

The price was right, just a few bucks.

All that stuff is here and there, heck I use some of it. Lugged some spindles out of a swap meet because the price was right. They have been modified for punches...sigh

I now only buy something for a good deal if I think I can make something with it.

I know, no help.

9. That would be a clue....and the screws that hold it on/in.

10. alchemy

alchemy

Here's my guess (note I said guess): '72 Ford pickup rear window trim