Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Hollander help to Solve A Crime - OT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stickylifter, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Last night someone plowed into the back of my wife's car as she waited at a light. The impact knocked her into the intersection, and the other driver took off immediately (probably drunk) on to the freeway ramp. The accident bashed in the trunk but took out the other driver's headlights. Since it happened so fast, Jen didn't have much info to give the cops, but she picked up some pieces of the front end of the other guy's car and brought them home. So, can you guys tell me what this part is from?

On the back: GM 16500304 1 AJ

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Attached Files:

2. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

was it car or truck?

3. It was a car. She says a large, boxy, dark car... possibly a late 80s early 90s Caprice style? Uh, she's not the greatest when it comes to IDing cars:eek:

4. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

will call my kid he is in charge of service center for chevy dealer see what I can come up with for ya
    Ken

5. much appreciated, bro.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I got the whole parts dept at Randy Wise on it.

7. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Damn Marc, glad your wife is OK that could have been really bad being pushed out into the intersection like that....

Here is a picture I pulled from a gm parts site, 1985 Caprice, pretty close match....

Attached Files:

8. Thanks Aaron. Yeah, fortunatey it was late and there was no oncoming traffic. This is the 3rd time she's been rearended at a stop in Hamtramck in like 2 years. I told her no more black cars... next one is screaming neon yellow.. maybe I'll get some of those under-car neaon lights to add to her visibility.:) She's got a mild case of whiplash though, and I'mm out 500 clams for my deductable.:mad: So i wanna find this guy and get my 500 bucks outta him.

9. ambman

ambman

Maybe it was one of those drunken comedians who hang out at 7 Brothers, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

10. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

got them calling gm's computer line since it is a casting number not a part number should know somethin for sure soon
    ken

11. Larry T

Larry T

Since the number is stamped and not cast in, maybe it's an ID number that can be traced, hope so.

12. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

sorry bombed out on the numbers probably too old for the database was the reply
    will see what else I can do
    ken

13. Thanks for trying guys...

BTW, the numbers are cast in.

14. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i checked my hollanders. they have a picture section with the front ends.

no luck there and then headed out to the yard and went through our whole place. i can't find a single gm car with that style headlight frame.

to me it looks like a 80-85 rear wheel drive olds 98 or 88, but i checked them and it is not the right one.

sorry i'm no help!

15. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

If you can find a dealer that still can look something up on paper you would look in group #2.728. That is the group that lists headlight bezels. The cast in part number and the actual part number are sometimes the same (not likely) but usually within a few digits i.e. cast # 16500304 = part # 16500315.

This can also be done on their computer but you have to find someone who knows how to do it AND is willing to do it!

16. kropduster

kropduster

Looks Like The Marker Light Frame From An Mid To Late 80s Caddy
    Maybe The 87 Up Front Wheel Drives

17. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

1985 - 1986 Caddy Deville P/N changed to 16506334

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

StinkyFinger, glad to hear the wife is not hurt to seriously. Hats off to all the HAMB guys who are lending a hand to help find this butthole.

19. junkman104

junkman104

[​IMG]

1975 caddy maybe?

20. Guy probably ran because he has no money or insurance - or was a DWI - but good luck finding the sucker. I put some reflective tape on the back of my truck just for that reason, so it would show up better from behind since it has those Chevy truck taillights on each side.

21. Muttley

Muttley

Did a Google image search and came up with this from a mid '80's Caprice:

[​IMG]

22. junkman104

junkman104

no black stripe in the chrome.

23. Muttley

Muttley

Uhh....I see a black stripe.

[​IMG]

24. I don't think it's the caprice. The piece I to the picture of is from the RH side, so it's a wraparound like the caddy photo. It's a good 6-8" long. I looked for some 85-86 caddys on google, but none seemed to match. I looked on ebay a bit, but no match yet. Thanks so much guys.

25. Bingo! Found a picture of one. Thanks a mil!

Attached Files:

26. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

Glad I could help out! I hope you catch the bastard!
    Steve (roadster1923)