Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Hollander Help - T-Bird door interchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VonWegener, Mar 22, 2010.

1. VonWegener

VonWegener

Hey Guys - I need help from a person that knows his T-birds or owns a Hollander interchange manual.
    A friend of a friend of mine in Norway needed two rustfree 1964 T-Bird doors.
    I found two great dry desert doors and shipped them to Norway.
    He just sent an email that the doors are all wrong being off of a 1965 model T-Bird. I thought that 1964-1966 doors are all the same with maybe some trim variations on the door panels. They sure look the same on the outside.
    Thank you in advance fellow HAMBers.
    Mike

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

My Hollander ( 41/st EDITION ... covers up to 1975 ) has the 1965 and 1966 as the same but some have a quarter window and some do not.

No mention of 1964 Thunderbird models but I do have some 1964 stuff listed in my Hollander. :(

Hollander exchange number is #1677 A & #1677 B
    1677 B has no quater window :D

:) Maybe someone with a 39th edition can be of more help.

3. VonWegener

VonWegener

Thank you Deuce Roadster. I think the difference with or without the quarter window is the door glass. The sheetmetal seems to be the same. I looked at all kinds of T-Bird pictures in books and online and the doorlatch release and other trim seems to be in the same spots. I am baffled.
    Mike

4. VonWegener

VonWegener

BTT - Anybody know the difference between 64 and 65 T-Bird Door?

5. 62rebel

62rebel

hooo boy. this is a good time to find a Tbird enthusiast's forum and see where the differences lie. i never thought the 64-66 birds were that much different either, but then again that's one Ford i haven't messed with so far.

6. VonWegener

VonWegener

Could it be that all we care about is their back seat? Some HAMBer must know.

7. my 32nd Hollander lists 64 by itself and 65-66 together which it says interchange as BARE doors...

8. VonWegener

VonWegener

Thank You Stillrunners! Very much appreciated - although I had hoped that at least the bare doors would interchange between 64 and 65.
    Guess I will have to find a set of 64 doors and do right by the man.
    VonWegener

9. VonWegener

VonWegener

I just learned that the door latches are entirely different in size and that's why the door sheetmetal is different for the 64 model. Otherwise they look the same from 64-66.
    Thanks Y'all!
    Mike