Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Hiborn injection Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ricci32, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Ricci32

Ricci32

Im looking at a hilborn set up off a boat for my dragster i have a 358 inch small block dynoed at 550 hp I have never run a injection set up only aly carb. its a 2 3/16 hilborn 265-c-8 vintage 70's d shaped stacks the st up is complete enderly belt drive pump 80a-0 pump 3 into one return fuel log was running a week ago on boat. all hoses varios bypass springs manifold not ported or fylcut.will this work for my aplication. its alot of money when you dont know what you are lookig at.

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

If it is what you want and is in good shape,forget everything you ever knew about carbs and you'll be fine.:) If you buy it first step is to send it out and get the system flowed for YOUR engine combo. Buy a good fuel injection book and read, read, read. Do NOT hang around with any of your old carb buddies except to drink beer and barbeque. :D Lippy

3. Ricci32

Ricci32

anyone have specifics about what im looking at or what i might need

4. Andy

Andy

Call Hilborn. A friend bought a complete new unit and it was ready to go out of the box. They know what to do.

5. Normbc9

Normbc9

I echo what Andy says. I deal with them all the time. Good technical help too.
    Normbc9

6. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hilborn also made a book. I have one. This is a really good book and should be in every inj guys toolbox.

[​IMG]