Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need hemi intake weiand manifold identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by V8, Jan 7, 2004.

1. V8

V8

WC-245 is the numbering on it. also, will it fit a desoto hemi,is there a site with all this info on it...thanks

2. BigJim394

BigJim394

Got an old (1962)Almquist catalog where they change the "WC" to the number 10 for all their Weiand listings and for the 10-245 manifold they have it listed as a three carb manifold for the Buick 49-53, 54-56, and 57-58 (available with 3 OR 4 bolt carb mounts)

3. The C in WC-245 stands for Chryler. It will not fit the Desoto. If I can remember I'll dig out an old Hot Rod tonight that has an add with the Desoto part number.

4. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

V8 if you find out it won't fit your Desota I might be interested in it if it will fit my 331 Chrysler. Keep me in mind if you want to sell it. Thanks, Andy

5. BigJim394

BigJim394

Kerry: You are right. I forgot that the Olds manifold that I have had from Weiand always started with "WO" for Weiand Olds, and that WC was for the Chrysler engines.
    I think the Weiand Desoto manifolds would have had the numbers 255 (for the 6 carb log manifold), and 243 (for the 4 carbs in a row manifold)

6. V8

V8

I was going to keep it a secret but since it won't fit my engine go ahead and bid away.pretty sick manifold, would love to find one of em for mine....

7. V8

V8

8. Here's an ad from the May 1956 Hot Rod for the intake your probably looking for.

Attached Files:

9. V8, I usta have a desoto 276 in my deuce and I had the WD245 intake on it with 4-81s. I paid $300 for it from a guy named Jim Johnson in either Oceanside or Carlsbad. I dont have his number anymore, I threw it out when I sold off everything hemi. But, he advertises in Hemmings with all manner of stuff hemi.

10. V8

V8

cool thanks, I'll try and see if I can get his #, o-side is just south of me(go surfing down there all the time)...Anyways thanks.And also what sizes hemi did desoto make, I know the motor is a 55 because it says it in the stamped numbers and some old guy who knows alot looked at it quickly and told me that.Can you measure head distance or something to find out what it is.thanks