Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need Help

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 47streetrodder, Jan 13, 2017.

1. 47streetrodder

47streetrodder

I have a .814 Ford King Pin Reamer that is missing the alignment bushing. The reamer doesn't have a manufacturers name on it. The only identification on the box is "Combined King Bolt Bushing Reamer and Driver, Reamer size .814". I've been searching the internet for a replacement alignment bushing but can't find a source. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement alignment bushing?

I really want to try doing the reaming myself with this reamer because it was from my fathers tools that he left me.

2. i drilled a lug nut out so it would slide over the shaft. the taper centered the tool...........late night......odd size........wanted to get the job done.

Ric Dean, stillrunners and Hnstray like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From looking at this it appears that you are missing the driver (bushing)
    This add shows a number.
    If Don still owns Pasco machine he could probably make you one but the cost may be a bit high.
    From the looks of the driver I'd just run down to Harbor Freight with one of the bushings in my pocket and see if the driver that they sell will work with the bushing. http://www.harborfreight.com/bushingbearing-set-68971.html Damn at that price I think I will stop on the way to work and get one tomorrow.

4. 47streetrodder

47streetrodder

Mr48 chev; Excellent suggestion. The 13/16 bushing (0.8125") should work if the hole in the center of the bushing fits snug on the pilot of my driver/reamer. If its too tight, I have a friend with a lathe that can open it up. If the Harbor freight pilot hole is too big, I'll cut the head off a bolt and have a shoulder turned on the shank and then drill a pilot hole to match the pilot of the driver/reamer.