Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with spindle identification.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Time, Jan 16, 2007.

1. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

What is this spindle from? Bolt pattern on the hub is Ford/Mopar/AMC 5 on 4 1/2".

Attached Files:

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

American Motors from the sixtys. I can't quote years and models but that's what they are from. Ambassador? maybe? We used them to make trailers.

3. Gremlins, Hornets, Javelins used the same deal. Stu

4. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Thanks! I knew I could count on the HAMB for an ID! This is off my light duty car trailer. Are replacements available from the aftermarket?

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Then only things available aftermarket will be the bearings, races and seals. If the spindle or hub is damaged, it's a junk yard item. It's a good possibility that the bearings fit many applications and are still readily available. The bearings and races may have a number and manufacturer on them that can be cross referenced. Take the old ones with you.

6. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

That is not an AMC spindle. It's similar, but AMC has a symetrical bolt pattern on the back. I just looked at one I have here. my guess is a rear axle spindle from a Caravan.

7. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Not from a Caravan. I've had the trailer 20 years, and these spindles were old when I go it. Unfortunately, these spindles are too worn to just replace the bearings. I may have to replace them with something else.