Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with Idenfying a carb.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutwagonfromhell, Nov 4, 2010.

1. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

I got this carb from a box of random just a used car dealer brought to our shop. I have no idea what it is but I think it maybe a ford carb from a stock big block.
    I want to rebuild it and use it on my 325 poly hemi.
    Any guesses who makes it and the model?

Attached Files:

2. I could be completely off but looks like a Holley to me.

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Looks like an Autolite 4 bbl. Ford used them.

4. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

would there be any numbers on it? I cant find any.
    BTW the the throttle lever or the butterflies are stuck.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Look for a number beginning with C or D and a number followed by 9510...that will ID the thing so it can be looked up.

6. ugotpk

ugotpk

I had one on my 66 428 T Bird By the way, The clip next to the Choke holds the 5/8 heater hose. UGOTPK

7. Scumdog

Scumdog

Yep, looks like the one on my '66 'bird too.

Not a performance focussed carb but still a very good one and easy to work on.

8. Mark T

Mark T

Its definitely a Ford Autolite 4100. It looks like the factory Ford tag is missing but you can find the numbers stamped on it next to the front mounting hole, it will probably begin with a C like Bruce said. It should also have the number 108 or 112 on the side of the bowl, 108 is for a small block and 112 would be for a big block car

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Definitely an Autolite - on nearly every big block Ford V8 in the late 50s all the way through 60s, if my memory serves (certainly some room for doubt sometimes). Fairly simple carb that worked quite well. If it's frozen up in the throttle shafts, and you have no numbers anywhere on the carb, getting rebuild kit could be a problem. You might be better off looking for a decent used Holley 4bbl with similarly-sized venturis, and then fiddle with jet size, after the rebuild.

dj

10. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

What is the CFM rating on this. It is for sure the autolite ford 4100, after I looks at the number.
    I just wanna used it on my 57 coronet to get better gas milage or performance. I heard the ignition timing can be really advaced and makes the 325 poly a hell of alot more powerful. Right now it`s a holley 94 on the dodge. I`m planning to drive this car on route 66, and drive til it ends. I`m looking for reliability.

11. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Somewhere, long long ago in a galaxy far far away, I read that the 1.08 4100s flowed around 480 cfm; the more common 1.12 carbs, I can't say. They're actually quite a good carb when in good condition. There is also a rare 1.19 venturi 4100 that was used on late '50s Mercury and Lincoln engines.

12. they use the same power valve as holley and they use to leak often had to use a restriction in the vacuum passage we used part of the long extensions on spray cans

13. johnnie

johnnie
    from indiana

Attached Files:

14. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

15. '65 Galaxie probably a 390