Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help with Hot rod Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abrahamseven, Dec 8, 2016.

1. abrahamseven

abrahamseven
    from Idaho

I have a 1947 chevy with Hot Rod Air A/C and Heater. My heater core is leaking and I need to r&r it. Need some Instructions or some advise on how to proceed. HRA is new to me and I know their out of business, can't find much info on them. I appreciate anything you can do for me , thanks.

steven

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Being as HRA are no longer in business it looks like another brand of evaporator is your only solution. I'd recommend Vintage Air.

Gary

3. Don't know anything about the R&R on the heater core, but a 'better' radiator shop can probably repair your core rather than changing out the whole unit....

4. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Hot Rod air was started by a former Vintage Air employee. Their systems were always basically 1995 era Vintage Air systems - may be why they went out of business.
    Give Vintage Air a call - they won't bash you for an honest need. Ask for George Packard and he will give you the best advice. However - the HRA system evaporator is a sealed unit and you will have to take it out, take it apart, and check the heater coil. I'm betting you'll be dollars ahead by buying a complete replacement evaporator - it not just a "sales job". If the coil has failed, there will be other issues.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Good advice right there..