Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with F-1 fuel gauge wiring.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by k-member, Aug 4, 2008.

1. k-member

k-member

Don't really want to blow myself up so can someone shed some light on this subject. I have one wire coming out of the sending unit on the tank. On the back of the gauge cluster, there are what appears to be grounding straps going from the oil gauge to fuel gauge then from fuel to temp gauge. I can't remember how to hook up the fuel gauge, but I don't think I want power going to the sending unit. So do I run power to the non grounded side of the back of the gauge and the sending unit wire to the grounded side?

Attached Files:

2. old beet

old beet

Why don't you just look at mine, Dad.

3. old beet

old beet

Ground to the tank, I also have a volt-a-drop to the gauge.

4. 1951?

The cluster itself is the ground. just connect the terminals on the gauges (the ones that are not connected to the common grounding strips) to the appropriate senders. Run 1 wire from the battery side of the starter relay through the amneter and then to the circuit breaker (same terminal on the circuit breaker as the one that connects to the voltage regulator.

5. k-member

k-member

I will when I get up that way again.