Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with clutch parts!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50coupe, May 10, 2005.

1. 50coupe

50coupe
    from Pittsburgh

OK, here is my situation, I have a 50 ford club coupe with the flathead 8 and a manual 3 speed. The clutch disc was stuck to the flywheel, I believe the cause was the car sitting for about 10 to 15 years. I have the tranny, clutch disc, pressure plate,etc out of the car. I was going to replace the disc, pressure plate, release bearing and hub, and pilot bearing, but I am having trouble finding things in stock, let alone a reasonable price! I know I am going to replace the disc, and I believe I can get one easily for about 40 or 50 bucks, and I am going to have the flywheel cut as well. The questions I have are the following... How do I know if the pressure plate, release bearing and hub, and pilot bearing are bad?? Is there a way of testing them? I don't want to replace them if it isn't necessary, but I also don't want to put it all back together to find out the hard way that I should have just put them in while it was apart. Any help with these questions, as well as some ideas on where to find them is greatly appreciated. Sorry this was so long winded!!!

2. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

alot of places are out of stock on 9.5" clutch discs. at least as of a week ago. save yourself the headache and buy a new pressure plate.

3. Since it sat that long, Id do it ALL, now.......