Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help with a buyer who is claiming i sold him junk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

make sure it is a postal money order or at least western union and don't release the car untill that money order is cashed. If a money order or bank check is cashed at your bank and turns out to be fake they reverse the charges and you pay it back. the post office pays cash. postal money orders must be less than 1000 bucks but you can break the payment up into several moneyorders

2. Play400

Play400

I think it is just a sign of the current economy. Probably got it home, got a blast from the old lady when she saw it and a bigger blast when it didn't start. Buddy just sold a new 426 aluminum mopar block but stated he wasn't sure what it exactly was, posted all the numbers and stressed it was being sold as is absolutely no returns or refunds. Guy bought it, took it to his machinist and decided it wasn't what he wanted and filed an Paypal claim.

3. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I bought a 67 rambler 660 from jolly396(ebay dropped him) in kennewick WA. I also bought a 66 880 with all the parts stripped from another whole car. I bought a 4door 770 or 880 outside joplin missouri off a guy selling off his dad's junkyard on ebay for the front clip factory ac and layback seats. I sent a paypal for 300 to the junkyard and he agreed to store it 60 days no charge and 100/month after that . Jolly396 wanted paypal up front in full within 24 hours. He refused to answer messages after the auction but was right on me with negative feedback for not sending the money right away with no contact info provided. i should have done due dilligence as there was a guy in his town who bought a 55 chevy pickup from him on ebay and jolly refused to let him have it. he saw it later and the dude said how much he paid for it and mentioned jolly put it on ebay "to see what it was worth". the other 2 cars I bought in West Virginia were actually being sold by a wanna-be "dealer" and were not his. he didn't get paid and luckilly called the day my transporter was leaving to pick them up to apologize and tell me the real owner sold them to someone else after the auction for more money outside their contract. I lost three and was stuck with a rusted in the ass 4 door [parts car in mirrouri to go get. I had been making requests for directions to his yard to pick up the car and he was not answering emails or phone calls throughout the first 30 days, half of what he said in writing that he would store it for for free. I tried to contact him throughout the second month to no avail and then paypal said I was past any opportunity to file a dispute, they flat out refused to assist. The junkyard guy continued to ignore emails and phonecalls untill I stopped being professional and left a message calling him a redneckfagfucker piece o shit goat lover then he was calling me back right away with who the f do you think you are talking to me like that. I said sounds like you got your phone working where the f is my car so I can come get it and he said he sold it a month ago for storage. I don't think he was trying to screw me because he shut up after I sent him back copies of his emails with his deal in black and white. From talking to him on the phone I gather he's just a pickled drunk can't remember where he left his ass.
    lesson learned, if there is any problem even if it's no reply file a dispute right away and keep it open untill the deal is done or you will lose your chance to fight back without going there to their home county and filing local charges. I asked my buddy if there was something wrong with amc owners and he said he thought I was a wierdo for wanting one. Istil think a 2dr 660 770 or 880 would make a good rebel clone or gasser. I was going to run 460 with a 9"ford and straight axle under one of those before i bought my 63 skylark

4. weldtoride

weldtoride

Ditto, Ditto. But the same goes for sellers. My brothers moves a lot of computer stuff he refurbishes, and gave up on eBay because of people trying to cheat him claiming this or that is bad, after they received it. It became almost routine. He even had a guy return stuff with the wrong serial numbers, and unfortunately, the burden of proof often falls on the seller. He uses Craigs list now, and his buyers "test drive" the servers before they leave his shop, saves a lot of headaches for him.

I've sold a couple engines, trans, on eBay, but its strictly pick up, and in my add I give the right of refusal if you come and its not in the condition I represented it. Everybody is happy that way. But I am near Chicago so the "local" market is admittedly huge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.