Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help with a buyer who is claiming i sold him junk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I checked out the pix of the car and read your description. The buyer needs to buck up and realize there is risk buying a car somewhat site unseen.

A 2k old car is a 2k old car. It wont take much to give that car a mechanical freshening up. 302's are everywhere....its not like he just bought a dusenberg

2. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

he bough it for 2100$ even, not even the full asking price

3. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

yes they did so im no longer selling on feebay. also tried to sell an 87 Buick i filled the aproperate information out and they didnt accept the title or vin# - dont ask my why double and tripple checked all numbers/letters and it had a clear title, i sold it to a guy out of state, and not through feebay and he had no trouble registering it in his state. the hell with the vin/title nazis at feebay

4. 38plymouth

38plymouth

Sorry, I meant to say "NOTE TO THE BUYER". Again....SORRY!

5. I had a "66 Goat shipped to me in So Cal from Illinois, no problems with the car when it left Illinos, but it wouldn't start when it got to So Cal. Turned out, even though the shipper knew mine was the last car off the rig, they loaded it last. It had to be unloaded and reloaded four times. Since the cars have to be shipped with 1/8 tank of gas (or less), they ran it out of gas. Don't know what other abuse it took along the way. Be sure to remember that the shipper may have had a hand in any problems as well. Also, who tried to get it running when it got to the seller, was it someone who knew what they were doing or the truck driver or a neighbor with a cardboard tool box with a screwdriver, hammer and pair of pliers? These are all things that are not your responsibility. Shipping old cars and having them bump around in (or on) the truck can loosen things. Good luck.

6. rougebeats

rougebeats

This is exactly why I dont buy off Ebay. Im not saying you ripped the guy off or anything like that, cuz honestly if the guy wont find a third party to check it out first before buying,then I think he is assuming responsibility of what may happen to the vehicle after the money transaction has been made. If there is a problem here, I think it is between the buyer, and the hauling company. Also, I thought I read something about the car hauler messing with stuff he had no business messing with trying to get it running? My advice is to keep all emails,pics,or any other documents and cover your ass. Its not your fault he didnt do his homework. my .02

7. 416Ford

416Ford

"offer to have a local hamb member go by &have alook for you"

I agree with gasserjohn, offer to have a HAMB member look at it as proof that you tried to work with the seller.

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

This sucks, Bob. Really sorry to hear that. But honestly the dude paid a low price for a cool car that the previous owner didn't register or insure, so people these days have to use common sense. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Besides, its got Coker wide whites on it haha. Sucks to see all this drama over my old car! :D

9. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Well, a few things about Paypal. First, thy can't go into your banck account and retrieve the funds. Paypal USED to do this, but quickly found out in the courts their self apointed authority only holds up in their minds, not the real world, so as long as you got the money out of Paypals hands all they will do is send threatening letters.

As for you closing that account and opening another. Once this is resolved they can/will lock down every paypal account they find connected to your name,,,, and they WILL eventually find them. So, keep all your accounts sitting at a zero balance. Why guys keep money in the hands of thieves with their own rules is beyond me anyway. Ever read their TOS? I will make your nuts crawl up inside you.

10. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

"always add" sold as is, where is..seller neither implies or expresses any warranties. OR vehicle sold in as is condition.. to the bill of sale whenever you sell an older vehicle.. IMHO

11. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

yes they said they worked for over an hour trying to get it to start until finally calling me

12. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i recieved in the mail today a contract i sent out to him for him to sign stating that the vehicle has no warranty and that it is a used vehicle

13. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

then id say your set..when paypal asks id send them a copy of it.

14. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

In an "anything goes" society when something goes wrong it must be someones fault..

Just figure on the 5% rule, on one out of every 20 transactions if there is a way for it to happen, someone is getting screwed...

Bank on it...

15. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

thanks everyone i really appreciate it

16. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

All used car sales in the US are considered by the court to be AS-IS. UNLESS A Written Warrantee is provided....It is always the buyers responsibility to inspect the vehicle before purchase. It this is potentially impossible to do the buyer should have contacted a Automotive appraser prior the purchase.... Any Attorney will tell you the same thing. Make sure that you have all your Email Documentation on this purchase and any correspondance prior to the purchase. Emails are admissable in court.

17. rougebeats

rougebeats

Theres no telling what was messed with under the hood. Im willing to bet the car hauler acted like he knew what he was doing,and got to turning screws on the carb. Either way, best of luck to ya.

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

that is exactly what i am assuming, he said it idled extremely high..which it has never done for me

19. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

I say screw the whole idea that you should have bought a battery bfore the car was sold. A person who is buying a car that is a used vehicle over the internet on some auction site should understand the term "Sold As Is" no warranty. You told him it needed a battery when you sold it, and he acknowledged that fact. Done deal.

It should be the responsibility of the person who is buyng the car to exhaust all research of the car before buying it. If he is out of state then he should find a way to ensure what he is buying is what is described, if he can not do that then don't buy the damn thing

20. john56h

john56h

RE: tell the buyer to fuck-off

Once I sold a racing transmission to a buyer in another State and shipped it to him. He bought it for a very reasonable price and I sent him some extra stuff with it too. He seemed happy until I got a call a couple of weeks after I sent it. He claims that the output shaft is twisted and he had to buy a new shaft and some other parts to repair it....and I should refund some money.

I tell the guy, "It was fine in my car..no problems". Well he says he uses an extra long slip yoke because his car has so much suspension travel. I respond that "I used the transmission with a normal yoke, it is a used transmission, I bought it used, I sold it used, if you wanted a gaurantee you should have bought a brand new one for three times the price". Basically a nice way of saying "fuck-off". He grumbled a bit about posting messages on-line that I do not stand behind what I sell. I said "go ahaed, do what you gotta do - I am not in business, so it won't hurt me"

Now, how do I know the guy didn't just make up the storry about the bent shaft? Buyer beware...if it was indeed twisted, it was when I bought it too.

I hate not trusting people, but for the price paid for my transmission and your Mercury...what do people expect? Perfection? I smell S-C-A-M !!!

21. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

22. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

once again everyone...thank you

23. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Nice, Bob. You should have known with your luck enough to buy a damned battery OR take the one OUT of the car so they HAD to when it got there!

Good call on the contract. Let them eat turds.

24. Guy might have had some buyers remorse, heck mummy and daddy might have yelled at him, you have no idea. Don't worry about it, but I would have included a new battery would be my only other point.

25. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

yeah go figure dan...i have the best luck in the world lol

26. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

another thing that is making me mad is he is saying the car wont even move...if it doesnt move then how in the hell did i get it onto the top of a double decker car transport? i sure as hell didn't fuckin' push it

27. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

You need to push him back toward the shipper. Who knows what that guy did if he was stupid enough to start adjusting a car he was only supposed to transport.

Warn the buyer to have the timing checked, if he cranked the distributor for "easy starting" that could also be to blame.

Similar deal on the transmission. If they dragged it out in park or some stupid shit cause it wouldn't start who knows what's messed up now. Could also be the timing is so jacked it won't run under load and dies in gear.

28. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Shifty's right. Point him that way and step back. Simply state that you told him there were issues and by them messing with it "for an hour" takes it out of your hands. Then drop it, keep the money, and kill the PayPal accounts for now.

Don't open a new one for at least a year!

29. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i have told the buyer to check numerous amounts of things, but since i am here and he is there and he is so dead set on blaming me it falls on deaf ears. Also he states that he has no mechanical abilities whatsoever and has no idea when it comes to cars, so he wouldn't even know what a distributor was.

30. 61TBird

61TBird

Where in CA is the buyer and the car?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.